good evening just got this lovely SG standard after waiting for a week to arrive

i had a serious gas for sgs (thanks a lot tony iommi )

i was thinking about getting an epipthone g-400 im sure my thread is still here somewhere

but decided to save for a gibson
so searched ebay every day for two weeks ( until i get my money and transfer to my bank account) so hmmmm what to get a heritage cherry or alpine white lets go with the white one (1200$)

but wait there is a new listed item interesting fireburst color and its 980$ so i bought it

pics:

please ignore my username
Last edited by nirvana_n_roses at Oct 19, 2014,

i dont know about the e tune only tried going from standard to half step down im give it a little time and see how its going to be

but im sure that this truss rod cover needs a change

how it sound i cant tell you im waiting for the laney head to arrive so its a unplugged jam for one week for me
That TRC! Why would they DO that?

Congrats on a nice-looking new guitar.

I can't do SGs; my xxl hands don't like the recurved horns, and all of the ones that I've sort of liked have been neck-heavy. I'll be interested to know if the MinETune makes that worse.

I finally got something sorta close -- an old original L6S. Same body thickness, same body "bevels", 24-fret neck with everything clear, a really wide cutaway (the guitar looks like "Les Paul Roadkill").

I like your color, though. Out of the ordinary, but still classic looking.

I had a Gibson with a gizmo on it (from the factory!) that predates the Robot/MinETune. Back in the early '90's, Gibson sold a "TransPerformance" model (they had Jimmy Page pushing them) that had about half the body of a Les Paul routed out to accommodate a bunch of electronics and a bridge that had motors in it to change the string tension, just like the MinETune. You could do alternate tunings on it as well.

What I learned was that I didn't mind having a gizmo that tuned my guitar for me, but the whole alternate tunings thing didn't work all that well (limited in range, some strings ended up floppy, some became cheese cutters). I eventually found alternate tuning nirvana (see what I did there?) with a Variax.
Very nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by dspellman
That TRC! Why would they DO that?

Congrats on a nice-looking new guitar.

I can't do SGs; my xxl hands don't like the recurved horns, and all of the ones that I've sort of liked have been neck-heavy. I'll be interested to know if the MinETune makes that worse.

I finally got something sorta close -- an old original L6S. Same body thickness, same body "bevels", 24-fret neck with everything clear, a really wide cutaway (the guitar looks like "Les Paul Roadkill").

I like your color, though. Out of the ordinary, but still classic looking.

I had a Gibson with a gizmo on it (from the factory!) that predates the Robot/MinETune. Back in the early '90's, Gibson sold a "TransPerformance" model (they had Jimmy Page pushing them) that had about half the body of a Les Paul routed out to accommodate a bunch of electronics and a bridge that had motors in it to change the string tension, just like the MinETune. You could do alternate tunings on it as well.

What I learned was that I didn't mind having a gizmo that tuned my guitar for me, but the whole alternate tunings thing didn't work all that well (limited in range, some strings ended up floppy, some became cheese cutters). I eventually found alternate tuning nirvana (see what I did there?) with a Variax.

thanks man
when i hold for the first it was a little weird to get all that access horns

i was reading about the TransPerformance self tuning guitar on another site it looks complicated

for me im using the sg for ( standard/Eb/ and C#)

so i hope restringing it is easy
Nice SG. I was looking at them for a while but went for another guitar in the end but still a cool as.
Quote by Ippon
Sweet!

You can get a new TRC for $12 online.

Thanks man

Its on the way
Quote by gregs1020
congrats!

Thanks gregs

Quote by Zhaezzy
Nice SG. I was looking at them for a while but went for another guitar in the end but still a cool as.

Yeah I had to decide between the sg or the wasburn pxm 20
Congrats man! Welcome to the club!!!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Nice one, I love SG's. I woulda payed the extra $220 for the white one though.
You finally got it

HNSGD and keep on plucking!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I just grabbed an SG Standard myself, and I HATE that it sounds so good. I know it sounds a little snobby, but my other guitars are just so "eh" compared to it. I think I just REALLY love the 57's in it. I also find the mini tune to be very helpful. Even with the quirks, it really helps in a live setting. The only thing is tuning it manually is surprisingly different from a normal guitar, you'll see what I mean!
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Something about that e tune truss rod cover just makes that guitar look stunning! HNGD!
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by TheJawsOfDeath
Son of a bitch! That's a nice guitar!

Quote by klejst
Very nice, she's a purdy one.

Quote by JustRooster
Looks great!

thanks guys
Nice one, I love SG's. I woulda payed the extra $220 for the white one though.[/QU

but it was useful because i it cost 170$ to ship it from the usa

maybe the next one will be white hmmm an sg classic maybe

yeah yeah im turning into that guy that only owns SGs
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You finally got it

HNSGD and keep on plucking!

i know man finally

thanks a lot
Quote by Katsock
I just grabbed an SG Standard myself, and I HATE that it sounds so good. I know it sounds a little snobby, but my other guitars are just so "eh" compared to it. I think I just REALLY love the 57's in it. I also find the mini tune to be very helpful. Even with the quirks, it really helps in a live setting. The only thing is tuning it manually is surprisingly different from a normal guitar, you'll see what I mean!

so far so good before i got the guitar reading about the mini tune made me hate it because i didn't understand a thing but know its ok
Congrats. No idea about SGs. Does it have neck dive?
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Normally I don't like a 'burst coloured SG, but I love how this one only has the black right up around the edge.

Excellent catch.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by The Judist
Congrats. No idea about SGs. Does it have neck dive?

i dont know i tried it while im siting and im looking for a nice leather strap to buy

but im guessing yes
Quote by Pastafarian96
Normally I don't like a 'burst coloured SG, but I love how this one only has the black right up around the edge.

Excellent catch.

i only like the finish on jaguars ( before)

and there is a little red shade pics won't do it justice