Ok, so first off let me explain. The requirements is that it has to be a battery optional portable amp and cost around the same.

My question is, is there anything better than this? I was gonna get a micro cube and this seemed like a better option, but is there anything else that beats this as well?
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline
The lil Danelectro Honeytone amps are pretty cool for $20 but I think the mini3 has more features. I'd say go for it. If you do get it, you should do a NAD with clips, I'd read it outta curiosity.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I have the first version of the mini3, and for what it is, it's pretty nice. I haven't compared it to the microcube directly (though I've tried the microcube separately, but ages ago). I suspect the microcube is maybe a bit better at the higher gain tones (though the soldano model on the mini3 is pretty nice), while the mini3 is probably better at the lower gain tones (though the tweed model is terrible) and is more versatile.

of course, that's assuming the g2 version is broadly similar to mine, which it might not be. and now i think of it, they've probably brought out a newer version of the microcube as well since i tried it.

So yeah. Yet another helpful post from me.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by lucky1978
The lil Danelectro Honeytone amps are pretty cool for $20 but I think the mini3 has more features. I'd say go for it. If you do get it, you should do a NAD with clips, I'd read it outta curiosity.

Ehh funny story, I just got a Honeytone, it's nice for what it is, but it's underwhelming, it's kinda why I'm getting another amp.

Quote by Dave_Mc
I have the first version of the mini3, and for what it is, it's pretty nice. I haven't compared it to the microcube directly (though I've tried the microcube separately, but ages ago). I suspect the microcube is maybe a bit better at the higher gain tones (though the soldano model on the mini3 is pretty nice), while the mini3 is probably better at the lower gain tones (though the tweed model is terrible) and is more versatile.

of course, that's assuming the g2 version is broadly similar to mine, which it might not be. and now i think of it, they've probably brought out a newer version of the microcube as well since i tried it.

So yeah. Yet another helpful post from me.

G2 basically means generation 2 modeling, something that I like companies to do, update their modeling when the time and technology updates call for it.

I ordered a G2. I was really close to a micro cube before but the mic in and line option are SERIOUSLY great features to have if I want to use a mic at the same time or use an acoustic electric without the amp modeling coloring the tone.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Last edited by Clay-man at Oct 19, 2014,
Yeah I went with the mini3 on account of the extra amp models etc. over the microcube, having not tried it on the strength of the standard valvetronixes... assuming it's no worse than the G1 (which I doubt; as you said, modelling tends to get better as time goes on), hopefully you'll be happy with it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Yeah I went with the mini3 on account of the extra amp models etc. over the microcube, having not tried it on the strength of the standard valvetronixes... assuming it's no worse than the G1 (which I doubt; as you said, modelling tends to get better as time goes on), hopefully you'll be happy with it.

I liked all the demos I've heard of it on Youtube so I'm sure I will. They seem pretty stellar for a small amp, probably will sound better than my peavey bandit too.

It's for mostly jamming without having limit of where I can jam, have a nice sound with me where ever I want. Something that doesn't sound like a monster tube amp but sounds really good for what it is, a portable amp.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s

"I crawled all this way looking for Braaaaaiiiiiinnnnzzzzzz.
But you're buying that Vox POS?

I'm gonna Starrrrve....."
I'm not a big fan of BOSS/Roland, but their micro cube did look interesting, but I couldn't choose it. I just don't feel comfortable with BOSS's modeling stuff.

The Line and Mic options were huge deciding factors too. I might use this for small performances someday.

Besides, I used my acoustic setting on my Variax and it actually sounded good though the Line setting.

This thing doesn't only work as a guitar amp, but a mic, acoustic, and even keyboard amp. I can't pass that up man.

The modeling isn't too bad anyways. It's not amplitube or my pod, but it is decent and usable for a practice amp.

What I like so far is that on the high gain metal amp, I thought it was sounding a bit flubby, but the pre-amp compressor fixes that up so nicely, like a tube screamer. I can safely say I like this amp.

This is my first VOX product I ever gotten btw.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s