After some time getting annoyed with the cheap sound of a pitch shifted guitar I decided to borrow a bass guitar with a friend.

Now everything is recorded, but of course, the raw sound just isn't as great as I think it can be. Looking for the obvious answer to make it sound better, which would be getting an amp simulator and some impulse responses I was instantly shocked about how few free solutions there were compared to what you have available for guitars.
I managed to find something that sounded rather good for a metal bass track, the SHB-1 by Ignite, but it sounds extremely thin and bright on its own, like every amp sim.

So, any recommendations for a bass cab impulse response? I'll see if any of the guitar impulses I have here can give me anything decent, but I would rather use something meant for the bass.

Also, do you think I can get good results using guitar amp sims instead?
Last edited by mp8andrade at Oct 20, 2014,
Quote by mp8andrade

Also, do you think I can get good results using guitar amp sims instead?

Only one way to find out, try it!

That said, a cab impulse will make a gigantic difference, your instinct is right. I'm sure someone else on here will know of a good bass one, I use the one that comes stock in Ableton and it's awesome. I will usually do a 50/50 blend of the cab signal with the DI signal (I use a good preamp) and it really gets the best of both worlds.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Two roaches were munching on garbage in an alley when one engages a discussion about a new restaurant."I was in that new restaurant across the street," said one. "It's so clean! The ******* is spotless, and the floors are gleaming white. There is no dirt anywhere--it's so sanitary that the whole place shines.""Please," said the other roach frowning. "Not while I'm eating!"
Thanks for the link chatterbox, I'll try these impulses latter.

@bofafiller:
I'm feeling very dumb, 'cause I don't get why you posted it here.
Quote by mp8andrade

@bofafiller:
I'm feeling very dumb, 'cause I don't get why you posted it here.

It's a spam bot (and not the kind that loves onyx blackjacks)
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite