What are your favourite classic rock guitar solos ?
Hurdy Gurdy Man solo is my all time fave!
Heartbreaker by LZ & Keep on Growing Derek & Dominoes
"Mr. You're a Better man Than I" by the Yardbirds (Jeff Beck). It is the solo that taught me a simple the pentatonic scale. The first solo I ever learned note for note.
Just heard Neil Young's "Like a Hurricane" solo for the first time and now I'm a Neil Young fan.
Where classic rock is concerned, I would have to say the best guitar solo is Jimmy Page on Whole Lotta Love. I know it's cliche, overstated, w/e, but it still rings true. There's a reason it got to be cliche in the first ****in' place. And I'm not going to pull some deep track out of my ass just because I want to separate myself from the herd and be an individual.
I'm rather fond of Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits. Mark Knopfler has such a wonderfully distinct style.
This bit of stupidity is brought to you by the letter 'G'
"Sultans of Swing". Excellent choice. What a truly well thought out tasty solo. Mark's tone is awesome also.
David Gilmour was the best, learn his solos. They have the most replayability and range for improvising.
Clapton's solo on the studio session of the Beatles' "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."
I am a StarGeezer: some call me..."Tim."*

* - Heartfelt apologies to Monty Python for blatant plagiarism. Those responsible have been sacked.

Epiphone G-400 "Goth"
Peavey Vypyr 75 Amp
Check out Gary Moore playing with George Harrison on a YOUTUBE video doing "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". It's Clapton influenced by goes beyond that.
Yeah, Moore did a great job as well. And much as I hate to admit it, the solo by Prince (whom I normally consider to be an over-hyped, egotistical POS) put in a solid performance at the 2004 induction of George Harrison into the Rock Hall of Fame.
Good choice on the Prince solo at the George Harrison induction. That was an amazing piece of work.
Quote by farcry
David Gilmour was the best, learn his solos. They have the most replayability and range for improvising.

The solo he played in Fat Old Sun a few years ago at the Royal Hall concert was incredible.
Comfortebly numb - Pink Floyd
Highway Star - Deep Purple
21st Schizoid Man - King Crimson