hey guys,

my musicteacher offers me a guitar from Gabriel Hernandes Jimenez. bottom is made out of brasilian palisander and the top out of zedar.
it's 10 years old and he wants €1800 for it.
is this a good deal, what do you think?

or do you get better guitars for the money...?
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
I have never seen (or heard of) a "Gabriel Hernandes Jimenez" guitar so I'm afraid I can't comment. . . . . .

. . . . . .other than to say that, these days, you can get some very good guitars for £1800.
That's a tough one. Apparently Jimenez is an independent luthier that makes classical guitars. Other than that there's not much information available on him or how much his guitars go for. 1800 is a lot of bones and like Garthman said, you can get some very good guitars for that price. OTOH, I wouldn't think you're own teacher would be trying to rip you off.
Dunno, he seems to be a very respectable but little-known maker based in Paracho, Mexico. As Rohash says, I doubt your teacher is trying to rip you off, and so I would judge the guitar strictly on its merits as you hear, feel and see them. - That kind of money isn't a lot for a classical guitar, and there are many very good small classical luthiers that most of us have never heard of.

I found an ad for one, in Spanish, 2004, but EIR, for 2400 euros negotiable, so your price is in the right ball park.