Page 1 of 2
http://www.livescience.com/48340-goliath-birdeater-surprises-scientist.html

Known as the South American Goliath birdeater (Theraphosa blondi), the colossal arachnid is the world's largest spider, according to Guinness World Records. Its leg span can reach up to a foot (30 centimeters), or about the size of "a child's forearm," with a body the size of "a large fist," Naskrecki told Live Science. And the spider can weigh more than 6 oz. (170 grams) — about as much as a young puppy, the scientist wrote on his blog. [See Photos of the Goliath Birdeater Spider]

Some sources say the giant huntsman spider, which has a larger leg span, is bigger than the birdeater. But the huntsman is much more delicate than the hefty birdeater — comparing the two would be "like comparing a giraffe to an elephant," Naskrecki said.

It also sports a pair of 0.79-inch-long (2 centimeters) fangs. Although the spider's bite is venomous, it's not deadly to humans. But it would still be extremely painful, "like driving a nail through your hand," Naskrecki said.

Good!

Good, good...
Just a little bigger and I can start mounting lasers on their backs and soon all the world will be mine!
The best part is, the guy knows about the defence mechanism (the shooting of microscopic hairs that are really itchy) and the bite being like a nail driven into your hand.

SO it's like he walked up the spider and just poked it until it bit him, and then is all "well, now I know how to describe this!"
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Oh god, now just imagine spider-sized puppies.

Not puppy-sized spider-size though, just spider-sized spider-size.
aww
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Baby Joel
The best part is, the guy knows about the defence mechanism (the shooting of microscopic hairs that are really itchy) and the bite being like a nail driven into your hand.

SO it's like he walked up the spider and just poked it until it bit him, and then is all "well, now I know how to describe this!"

All in the name of science
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Just imagine, you get up in the middle of the night for a poop and see that thing in your bath.

You poop anyway whilst throwing toothpaste at it and calling it stupid because it's in the bath, the Spiders natural enemy.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by link no1
Just imagine, you get up in the middle of the night for a poop and see that thing in your bath.

You poop anyway whilst throwing toothpaste at it and calling it stupid because it's in the bath, the Spiders natural enemy.

hey man, everyone's gotta bathe, even 8-legged monstrosities
nature is ****in cool
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I could have gone my whole life without knowing that existed
I could have slept tonight
and now everything must be doused in fire
this house is bitchin
look, is that a little freaky? yeah. but id rather run into that than a bear. i could kill that. a bear would make my corpse unrecognizable.
eat it for supper
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Thrashtastic15
look, is that a little freaky? yeah. but id rather run into that than a bear. i could kill that. a bear would make my corpse unrecognizable.

you say that now but really this is only the prelude to eight legged freaks irl
Quote by Thrashtastic15

What are you talking about? Just kick it in the nuts and strangle it with it's tie.
Big deal. Looks like something you'd kill in a tutorial quest. Call me back when they find some liches or necromancers or something.
no its every day of every year of my life eastbro
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
scary as **** if you ran into it inside but outside i'd just be like "hey dude" and maybe throw some ants at it. yeah i'm baked.
Last edited by maowcat at Oct 21, 2014,
I want one of those as a pet, imagine cuddling that on the couch.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
I want one of those as a pet, imagine cuddling that on the couch.

It's like having a puppy that can climb walls and shoots white string out of it's anus.
What's not to love?
I'm not scared of spiders bit this ****er should not come anywhere near my country
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by ultimate-slash
It's like having a puppy that can climb walls and shoots white string out of it's anus.
What's not to love?

I have always wanted to shoot confetti out of my ass. Having a pet than can expel streamers is the next best thing.
Quote by MakinLattes
I have always wanted to shoot confetti out of my ass. Having a pet than can expel streamers is the next best thing.

Precisely
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Really not sure why this is news. It's not like they've been known to science for approximately CENTURIES.

I was confused by this as well. It's not like these spiders were just recently discovered.
Page 1 of 2