Hi guys. It's been many years since I posted anything on here. So long that I've forgotten exactly what my username or email were at the time. Anyway, I'm trying to get a ball park idea of how much cash I could get for my Ibanez RG1570. It's a 2008 and basically mint condition. Aside from the serial number and fact that the finish is discontinued I believe (mirage blue), it looks like it could have been bought yesterday. It's a great guitar, but I purchased it towards the end of my junior year of high school when I thought I wanted to be a shredder. It saw some rotation with my two other electrics for a year, but then I went to college and I haven't really played it since. Never really got comfortable with the neck to be honest. I've found myself playing my first guitar, a squire strat, a lot the last couple years, and I think I'm finally financially comfortable enough to take the plunge on a higher end fender. So the way I'm looking at it I basically have two options. Sell it to someone intending to play it themselves or sell it to somewhere like guitar center. I believe they give a 10% discount on new gear with trade ins, but I've no experience with selling them any used guitars. I also know I could probably get a 15% discount there anyway and I have a feeling they won't pile on an extra 10%. Any advice is much appreciated.
Last edited by dfward at Oct 20, 2014,
Guitar Center will give you about half of what it's worth on the used market. Its trade-in/trade-up promotion isn't always available, and changes between 10 and 15 percent.

Most would agree that GC or any major retailer should be the last resort, but remember that you're pretty much guaranteed to sell it and you won't have to go through the processes of selling it independently.

Independent
Pros: more money
Cons: will take more time and effort

Major retailer
Pros: pretty much guaranteed to sell it, can be done in a short amount of time, trade-in/trade-up promotion at GC
Cons: less money

Just figure out which one you prefer.
Quote by chrismendiola
Guitar Center will give you about half of what it's worth on the used market. Its trade-in/trade-up promotion isn't always available, and changes between 10 and 15 percent.

Most would agree that GC or any major retailer should be the last resort, but remember that you're pretty much guaranteed to sell it and you won't have to go through the processes of selling it independently.

Independent
Pros: more money
Cons: will take more time and effort

Major retailer
Pros: pretty much guaranteed to sell it, can be done in a short amount of time, trade-in/trade-up promotion at GC
Cons: less money

Just figure out which one you prefer.

Thanks for the reply. That is the unfortunate reality I guess. It's amazing how quickly tastes can change. I wanted the RG badly for a while but I never was able to develop a strong attachment to it.
Last edited by dfward at Oct 20, 2014,
Average price on Ebay for that model is $600. Thats a starting point.
Jackson Pro King V
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
In mint condition like that expect about $600 for it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.