Vick Audio 73 Rams Head!

So i posted my Signa drive online for sale and a guy out of Texas hit me up for a straight trade. technically my signa retails for about 15ish bucks more than this, but whos counting.

This is supposed to be a Big Muff clone but with a 3 mode dip switch for EQ, flat, mid scooped, and Mids boosted.

Quality -
VERY nice. i am very impressed at pedals selling for 70ish-120 at the quality. its every bit as good as CMAT Mods. appears to be true bypass.

Sound -

its a muff fuzz clone and a very nice one. like any fuzz, it can get a tad noisey especially with single coils. i dont have a lot of basis for comparison.
the tone knob is responsive with a large sweep. anything from box of bees to super dull. i keep it at about 1:30.

Dip swtich is the secret sauce. flat is pretty much self explanitory. you want the muffiness but as transparent as possible. the scooped i feel is the more classic muff tone. deep, grinding, THICK, bassy. the boosted tone is another hybrid fuzz type. its like a muff mixed with a tube screamer. probably really great for leads to cut through a mix? i wasnt really much of a fan for chord work. depends on the tone knob a lot to me. in my mind, i want that muff type tone so i keep it scooped with enough tone knob not to get muddy.

and how can i forget looks! i have hendrix to inspire me. pretty sure i play better because of that. for the record, the new pedals do not have hendrix on em. i may have lucked out.

DEFINITELY recommend! almost all of his pedals are under 100. im shocked. again, another reason to seek boutique!

Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Last edited by ikey_ at Oct 20, 2014,
HNPD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Nice score man. If you haven't seen already, there's a guy on youtube who does epic demos for Vick pedals, I think his channel is named 'peteytwofinger' or something.
HNPD!
HNPD, man! Sad to know that you let your Signa Drive go, though. You didn't have use for it anymore?
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Ram's Head?

Shoulda got a Manx Loaghtan.

HNPD!
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
not really. i have a carvin v3m which gives me 3 channels and i got a Xotic AC booster as an "overdrive". it can be used as one but its mostly a boost. i wanted a less "mid hump" pedal. if i want a mid boosted tone, i have the flexibility on my amp to use 1 channel as a mid boosted EQ channel. it was baiscally redundant.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
very nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I just recently heard of Vick audio, and since then they've been popping up everywhere. Happy new pedal day I have to admit that I don't like the print though