Good Evening UG,

Ran into a good promotion for the 60watt head version of the Laney Ironheart

I play in a metal/ post-hardcore band with 3 guitarists.

Heres a youtube video of one of our songs to get the idea of what we sound like.

To Live As Wolves - Glass Prison

My biggest issue is whether or not the 60w head would be loud enough on stage.
Any 200+ capacity venues we play usually are mic'd.

But I just want to be sure it's loud enough before I order it.

PS: EDIT im strung between this amp and the Randall Diavlo RD100H

Thanks in advance!

~Shpunt
Last edited by TLAW_Shpunt at Oct 20, 2014,
Easily.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I've been doing a lot of reading on it and i'm hearing both sides either which way. I don't consider myself in any way gear illiterate, but i'm very wary and my band is all made up of audiophiles.
I've shared a stage with a couple of bands with them, man. They rock. Really tight, aggressive amp. And they're plenty loud enough, you'll never need to dime it. Set volume issues aside. If you like the sound, buy it.
I'm a huge tone freak too, as any regulars here can attest. I'm always being accused of being a tone snob. It's not my type of amp but for what it does, it does well.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Thank you man. You've calmed my OCD's a bit. I'd try to hear a bit more feedback before doing a leap of faith on this one. ATM one of our guitarists is pushing a POD HD through a peavey 100 classic. and the other is bumping a peavey 6534 120w. so i'm hoping to have as much balls as them.
Volume is not an issue. 60 w is only couple of db quieter than 100w. But if your band mates go apeshit insane with their volume knobs clean headroom might be a problem.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Also i forgot to mention! i'm also trying to balance which would be better for our sound, and i'm throwing the Randall Diavlo RD100H in GASing mix. I'm about to rip my hair out from indecision.
You'll have to find a store with both and try them out, man. I have no experience with the Diavlo, sorry.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Thanks! Unfortunately there are none that are worth my gas tank to get to at the moment :\ . I have to judge and base on forum guidance and youtube. Luckily I get a 45 day return policy(although i have to pay return shipping).
I have played with that amp, just 120 watt version, with a tubescreamer it is pretty good.
I'll be an owner of the Laney Ironheart IRT60H tomorrow! i'll keep you folks updated.

Thanks for the help!

~Shpunt