When Im strumming, I seem to be getting a fair bit of pick noise (pick slaps against the next string).
For strumming I used to prefer a .73 pick but have been trying lighter, heavier picks.
Ive also tried turning the tone down, different selection of pickups, strumming in different parts of the guitar, even turning the pick around and using the other end of it.

Im starting to think maybe Im imagining its worse than I think.
Any thoughts on this people?
Cheers, Mark
I'm not sure what sort of noise you are referring to, so the best would be to if you had something of it recorded so that we can listen. It may be something with your technique, for example strumming too hard, or it can be a problem that is not really a problem. Hard to say.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by mark.davies.568
When Im strumming, I seem to be getting a fair bit of pick noise (pick slaps against the next string).
For strumming I used to prefer a .73 pick but have been trying lighter, heavier picks.
Ive also tried turning the tone down, different selection of pickups, strumming in different parts of the guitar, even turning the pick around and using the other end of it.

Im starting to think maybe Im imagining its worse than I think.
Any thoughts on this people?

Wait, so you're picking on one string and you're getting noise from when the pick hits the next string?

If that's the case then that's where the problem is; you shouldn't be touching other strings with the pick.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.