I'd really like to get a guitar for under $200

I've come up with Xaviere XV-880
some of their cables (a cotton one?)
and their pedal tuner, and save on shipping.

rondo has the douglas scope 725 for about $180 shipped, which is bit cheaper then XV-880

I've also considered getting a cheap HH squire strat and painting it my own color or a Dean Vandetta XM and doing the same... but I like the look of the others quite a bit, and want a flatter neck.

anyone got a rondo or Xaviere guitar? or one of their products?

Thanks,
Higgins909
Douglas isn't a Rondo-specific brand. You can buy Douglas guitars from a number of sources; Rondo simply carries those and the SX brand. Agile is, however, a Rondo house brand. Xaviere is the GFS house brand.

If you were asking for a quality assessment between Xaviere and Agile, we'd be talking apples and apples (and Agile would win fairly easily). That said, Kurt at Rondo Music has an excellent reputation for accepting returns should there be something amiss with any of the products.

There are reviews of a wide range of Douglas products, both here and elsewhere on the internet (you might peek in at the AgileGuitarForums and see what they have).

I'd definitely shelve the idea of painting some other cheap guitar.

Why would you want a cotton cable? In most playing environments that would end up a nasty mess.
Quote by dspellman
If you were asking for a quality assessment between Xaviere and Agile, we'd be talking apples and apples (and Agile would win fairly easily).
I second that.

Still, xaviere guitars sound better than everything up to three times the money and plays better than most of it, and the biggest flaws are easily manageable.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I'd take a MIK Xaviere over a MIC/MII Douglas for sure and like said the Xaviere comes stock with decent hardware and electronics
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Oct 21, 2014,
Quote by Robbgnarly
I'd take a MIK Xaviere over a MIC/MII Douglas for sure and like said the Xaviere comes stock with decent hardware and electronics

How did you find out its MIK? I've been asking the staff some questions, the first 4ish in first email went well, send 2nd with like 5ish sent few hours ago, still waiting. I was even told that the XV-880 is low on stock and wont be restocked, I wonder if the same happened to the 890, altho I like HH Super strat style (the 880 is a superstrat, using term right?) bolt on neck, pretty much the 880 and very similar is what I like...

their pedal tuner is supposed to be -+ 1 cent accurate, but don't quite understand drop tuning with it (flat and pitch buttons) I asked if its metal or plastic.

Guess cotton is bad for cables, but If I could find a cheapish nylon braided one, I'd probably go for it in hoping it would live if my cat found it. + I like the look + designs
I emailed them a few years ago and they are MIK. They have pretty good customer service

Their pedals are all metal cases, Biyang actually makes the pedals for them.

Artec makes their pickups (except the professional line)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate