About a month ago I took a notion for a new guitar, I toyed with the idea of a Yamaha SG, and then a Firebird. But as I have a Les Paul and Strat and an SG it seemed like doubling up a bit... So I wanted something, well, different. And I ended up with this... (why I hear you ask)

Because I was inspired by this...
http://bcrichbichrefinish.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/57.jpg?w=676
So after a bit of this...

I ended up with this...

(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
Complete with a set of scrapyard dogs Oil City Pickups with clear bobbins (my nod to the SG Zoot)
I did a little blog on it to remind we what not to do if I ever do it again. It's not perfect, but for a first time I'm pretty happy. And those pickups sound nice!
http://bcrichbichrefinish.wordpress.com/
Last edited by markblack77 at Oct 21, 2014,
The natural wood color is an improvement. The clear bobbins on the pickups look great on it too.
I do enjoy the look of that a lot!
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Looks great! You managed to turn a guitar that most folks wouldn't look twice at, into a thing of beauty. Nice job.
excellent : D (i saw your thread on the fretboard forum too )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?