What would be more practical to buy new an Ampeg - SVT810E - 8x10 Bass Cab or an Ampeg - SVT3PRO - 450 Watt Bass Head. My local music store sells both, but i have just recently came across a used svt3 for about 600$ (and the cab for about the same). so i plan on buying atleast one of the two new. Basically what I'm asking is which is going to last me longer and have a greater effect on my tone.

Any input is greatly appreciated
Last edited by Spector1101 at Oct 22, 2014,
What is your current gear?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
"8x10" and "practical" don't belong together in the same sentence.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
It's the only ampeg there, mean I could ask them to order in a 4x10 just never played one and dont know how well they handle the low B
Last edited by Spector1101 at Oct 22, 2014,
Do you have a huge car and do you rehearse in a space that you can leave gear? 8x10 is going to give you nothing but headaches unless you are well equipped to handle it.

I say get the head. You can get used carvin cabs or something for cheeeeeeeeap until you get "real" cabs

JW, why does it need to be ampeg?
Quote by bassalloverthe
Do you have a huge car and do you rehearse in a space that you can leave gear? 8x10 is going to give you nothing but headaches unless you are well equipped to handle it.

I say get the head. You can get used carvin cabs or something for cheeeeeeeeap until you get "real" cabs

JW, why does it need to be ampeg?

youre saying to buy the used head? also just amps that ive been really grown a liking too, a lot of other amps dont sound as warm to me if that makes any sense
If you are sold on ampeg, get the head. You can always get a 410 or two, which will be easier to transport and manage than a 'fridge

810s are sexy looking but are a bear to transport and manage space wise
Quote by anarkee
If you are sold on ampeg, get the head. You can always get a 410 or two, which will be easier to transport and manage than a 'fridge

810s are sexy looking but are a bear to transport and manage space wise

the used one or one brand new? and yeah i agree I think Ill just see if the store can order me in that cab this way i wont go over my price range