Hey i'm after so help and hoping someone can give me some advice as i'm out of ideas.

First of all heres my setup:
Esp Eclipse/Fender Blacktop Tele
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
TC Electronic Flashback x4
Line 6 Verbzilla
Blackstar Series One 100
Orange 4x12

In the send/return of the NS-2
i run
Maxon OD808
Joyo Dyna Comp
Joyo 6 Band EQ.

I seem to be getting a horrid whistle sound coming through my amp when on my OD channel, it's loud enough to actually make it hard to hear people talking at practice (obviously the amp itself is quite loud at practice).

I've checked out the guitars/leads/amp missing out all of the pedals and its perfect, obviously when on the OD channel there is the usual hiss but none of the whistling.

I've gone through the pedals and as expected the Joyo's add some noise but nothing more than you'd expect from cheap knock offs ha. The Maxon adds a little which again i kinda expect add more gain would make more noise. The only real surprise was the NS-2, Whilst it was doing a cracking job eliminating the hiss from my amp when on OD it's whats adding the whistle.

Even just the guitar-NS-2-Amp has the whistle and when i drop out the NS2 its fine.

Having only used this NS-2 is it normal? (i cant imagine it is)
does my signal chain seems ok?
Should i invest in a new suppressor? if so ISP?

Any advice would be great.

Also its worth mentioning the Joyo's will not be staying on the board forever, I bought them together second hand for £20 as i've never used a EQ or Comp with my setup and thought id give it a try.

Thanks

Sam
You're defeating your NS by running the comp and OD (WHAT?) through the FX loop. OD and compression into the power amp section of the amp makes no sense.

Run them into the front of the amp.

Use your EQ pedal more specifically. Generally, pedal EQ is used first in the chain to EQ your pickups, or immediately after your distortion to EQ your distortion, or in the FX loop to EQ your cabinet. Figure out what you really want to do with it (rather than using it as a general EQ).
didn't even think about power supply which does make a lot of sense as im running it off a maplin daisy chain extension thing so 5 of the pedals including the NS-2 are running from the same power supply.

Thanks for the advice, i shall give it a try using batteries and see if its improved.
the OD, Comp and EQ are in the front of the amp. I'm running nothing through my amps FX loop.

I'm using the Send/Return loop on the actual NS-2. Would you recommend just running everything through the regular In/Out on the NS-2 instead?
Quote by ahfguitarist
the OD, Comp and EQ are in the front of the amp. I'm running nothing through my amps FX loop.

I'm using the Send/Return loop on the actual NS-2. Would you recommend just running everything through the regular In/Out on the NS-2 instead?

No I run my Maxon the exact same way, its the way you want to do it (through the send/return of the NS2)

I was going to suggest your power supply, I find when I have too many pedals running on the daisy chain with the NS2 it gets whiny. You can try battery powering the NS2, or a separate supply for some of the pedals (I run the maxon and the ns2 off one supply with a daisy chain off the ns2, then my chorus on a separate supply because adding that one on the chain caused a noise like you describe)
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Thanks for the advice guys.

The NS-2 was having an issue with one of the power supplies (a cheap Maplins one) tried a different power supply and its noiseless, even when daisy chaining with the 5 other pedals.

You have made my night, i hopefully wont be abused tomorrow night at practice now.