Page 1 of 2
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/soldier-shot-at-ottawa-s-war-memorial-has-died-1.2065443

So I've been in a lockdown situation at my work since 10:30AM this morning. Nobody allowed in, nobody allowed out. A gunman shot a soldier on guard at our War Memorial and then proceeded to infiltrate the Parliament building with a rifle and reportedly shot 2 guards there (word is they are in hospital with non-life threatening injuries). The gunman was later shot dead in the building. Reports indicate that there may still be another gunman at large, and there were rumours of a gunman on a rooftop in the downtown area as well as a couple other shootings in the surrounding area. We then received a follow-up email telling all employees to stay away from windows. The whole downtown core of the city is on lockdown. I've lived in Ottawa my whole life and have never experienced anything of this kind; the city is such a quiet/peaceful community. Still no news on when we can expect to be let out. I've often seen and heard of these things happening, and obviously living in a nation's capital had thought of it being a possibility, but never actually expected anything like this to happen here. Thoughts?
Jackson DK2M

Mesa Single Rectifier Half Stack

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158
Leave canada alone

But seriously, that is pretty scary and I'm glad no innocents were killed

well shit
ggg1 ggg3

Last edited by behind_you at Oct 22, 2014,
Yeah I heard about this when I woke up this morning. This is akin to someone shooting a bunch of soldiers in Washington D.C.
Heard about it on the way to work. Thankfully I'm not downtown so I got to avoid most of the commotion.

But yeah, scary stuff. I've lived in Ottawa all my life too and I can't remember anything as serious as this. I hope the young guard who got shot pulls through and I really hope they catch the rest of the suspects.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Sounds completely terrifying tbh. Stay safe, as ever it'll be important to see what the attackers have to say about their intentions assuming they're caught alive
It has been confirmed that the guard shot at the memorial has passed away. Especially sad considering he was simply standing guard at a war memorial which is in no way a heavily militarized or aggressive area.
Jackson DK2M

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158
Quote by sensfan99
It has been confirmed that the guard shot at the memorial has passed away. Especially sad considering he was simply standing guard at a war memorial which is in no way a heavily militarized or aggressive area.

From what I read, he was a volunteer too.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by sensfan99

That's horrible
Quote by behind_you

Pretty insensitive, as I think the soldier died. Who was standing guard. Trying to protect people.

To be fair, you might have posted this slightly before he was confirmed dead. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
Last edited by severed-metal at Oct 22, 2014,
Quote by severed-metal
Pretty insensitive, as I think the soldier died. Who was standing guard. Trying to protect people.

To be fair, you might have posted this slightly before he was confirmed dead. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
I did, I just saw the confirmation
ggg1 ggg3

yeesh

what a pussy. shooting at the guy guarding a war memorial.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
That is absolutely horrific. The acoustics of the hallways only contribute to that. Scary stuff.
From what I have heard, there are no suspects in custody. Police are still working on securing the downtown area. Makes me a little weary of my bikeride home from work once they let us out as I live in the downtown area.
Jackson DK2M

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158
Quote by sensfan99
From what I have heard, there are no suspects in custody. Police are still working on securing the downtown area. Makes me a little weary of my bikeride home from work once they let us out as I live in the downtown area.

Be safe and keep a vigilant eye open just in case.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by sensfan99

Are you working in center town? Still on lock down? I'm over in lowertown near the market. It's pretty quiet around here although there's still some traffic on St. Pats...
I actually work in the Vanier towers. We are still in lockdown. Though I've heard that some buildings on Kent have had the lockdown lifted.
Jackson DK2M

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158
Stopped following it around an hour and a half ago. What's happening now? Did they catch the other 2 gunmen? (They were saying there were 3 last I heard)
Quote by sam b
Stopped following it around an hour and a half ago. What's happening now? Did they catch the other 2 gunmen? (They were saying there were 3 last I heard)

Not as of right now.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Sorry to hear this, hope it ends without more lives lost.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
hope you all get home without any issues. this happened in my area when i was little, though a tad different, and it was horrifying for everyone.
i don't know why i feel so dry
I'm not downtown, but everyone around me is freaked out right now. Also, everyone seems to think they know exactly what happened.

I know this isn't the place, but any of you Ottawa folks want to get together and jam?
Israel is a terrorist state.
Quote by JD Close
I'm not downtown, but everyone around me is freaked out right now. Also, everyone seems to think they know exactly what happened.

I know this isn't the place, but any of you Ottawa folks want to get together and jam?

wow man

Hey at least you made me a little less upset!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Downtown core still closed off. Other places are starting to have the lockdown lifted including schools etc...

All I know is the traffic in front of my work is nuts right now.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Not as of right now.

So.. what? They got away? There were no other gunmen after all?
Is it pretty much over?

Regardless, best of luck to all you guys.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Is it pretty much over?

Regardless, best of luck to all you guys.

Pretty much.

thanks

Quote by sam b
So.. what? They got away? There were no other gunmen after all?

They're not really saying much but they're implying that there's 2 other gunmen and they're looking for them. 1 gunman killed and 1 soldier is dead.

Not sure if the source is okay but here's what they started posting on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/ArmedResearch/status/525019752507658240
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Oct 22, 2014,
Quote by JD Close

didn't expect to laugh in this thread

a+ post
i don't know why i feel so dry
This is awful, hang in there guys, best of luck. Has anything official came out about the first suspect?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Police haven't released the identities of the deceased and the injured. It's all speculation for us right now.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I might make fun of your silly accents, but you know I love you guys. You're our friendly northern neighbors, and I don't like people messing with you. Keep your heads up, friends. My thoughts are with you.
So insane. I used to live there not long ago and I've got a lot of friends up there. Hell, I've visited the areas of the shootings. I'm hoping there was only one gunman--the one who was killed--and that is it for the shootings.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Killer and deceased's identities released:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/soldier-killed-at-national-war-memorial-identified-1.2065980

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/gunman-in-ottawa-attack-identified-as-michael-zehaf-bibeau-1.2065443

As for the other suspect (s) , still no word. Authorities advising people to stay away from the downtown area and for those of us who live here to stay inside. How reassuring :S
Jackson DK2M

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158
Jesus Christ, that's frightening. Hope all is well there soon.
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Page 1 of 2