Ive been looking to get a new wah pedal. How does This pedal sound?
Would i be better off buying a crybaby and modding it for true bypass?
Thanks
I'd stay away from Vertex. They have a terrible reputation. They like to steal from other companies, rehouse the stolen pedals and charge you a butt ton for something you could've had for half.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Yeah the Vertex wahs have been revieled as being rebreanded BBE ben wah's the blackout is a rebranded Dunlop crybaby.

What tyoe of wah sound are you after and do you want to stay below $100?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Their volume pedal is a Boss one too
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
A letter by Michael Landau about Vertex (who had 2 signature pedals by them and made them stop making them and dropped Vertex after everything was brought forward)
www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1477017&highlight=vertex

A thread by mason the owner of Vertex coming clean about rebranding the BBE Ben Wah and selling it as his own
www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1477492&highlight=vertex

A letter from Joe Bonamassa about Vertex
http://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?id=27168

Stay away from Vertex
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Oct 22, 2014,
Quote by Robbgnarly

What tyoe of wah sound are you after and do you want to stay below $100?

I was after a crybaby that would work well with high gain. Possibly Joe Satriani sound or close. I wanted it to be true bypassed. I could spend about $120 or less. Used or New, doesn't matter
You should really try the Morley Bad Horsie 2, I bought mine for $65 used and they are $140ish new. The Dunlop 535Q is also a good one to look at
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

The Dunlop 535Q is also a good one to look at

I was reading around and saw that the Dunlop 535Q isn't really true bypassed. Is this true?
Last edited by foolman at Oct 22, 2014,
Quote by foolman
I was reading around and saw that the Dunlop 535Q isn't really true bypassed. Is this true?

I don't think they are, but neither is my Morley. A good buffer is not a bad thing, the Morley has a great buffer. Most <$140 wahs are not true bypass
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Is the Vertex Wah bad because of quality or because of the name's reputation?
Quote by foolman

That Vetrex wah is this exact BBE Ben Wah wah with a different name plate

I wouldn't buy Vertex on principal alone when you can get the real wah that it is for cheaper

But then again I hate businesses lying and cheating people so....
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by foolman
I was after a crybaby that would work well with high gain. Possibly Joe Satriani sound or close. I wanted it to be true bypassed. I could spend about $120 or less. Used or New, doesn't matter

the CAE one, maybe? I'm guessing you should be able to get one for $120, new it's $170 IIRC.

Quote by foolman

no it's because (allegedly!) a cheaper wah on the inside. It's not (allegedly!) a $400 wah, it's (allegedly!) a $150 wah. what rob said, basically.

Yeah I know he basically admitted what he did but I don't want him to change his mind and (allgedly!) start suing everyone again.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 22, 2014,
Quote by Dave_Mc
the CAE one, maybe? I'm guessing you should be able to get one for $120, new it's $170 IIRC.

no it's because (allegedly!) a cheaper wah on the inside. It's not (allegedly!) a $400 wah, it's (allegedly!) a $150 wah. what rob said, basically.

Yeah I know he basically admitted what he did but I don't want him to change his mind and (allgedly!) start suing everyone again.

Mason can come at me all he wants, can't get in trouble or sued for telling the truth in the USA
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
TS I used a Crybaby for years and then switched to a Morley. The Morley is better in every aspect with gain
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
the BBE pedal isn't bad at all , but like mentioned it's a 150.00 pedal , if you like it get a BBE pedal and save some cash .... any company that rips someone off or mis-leads them is just a bad business and I would not support them
Quote by foolman

Thi is why :
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32863805&highlight=vertex#post32863805
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32871895&highlight=vertex#post32871895

Quote by Robbgnarly
Mason can come at me all he wants, can't get in trouble or sued for telling the truth in the USA

Same here.
Quote by Robbgnarly

yeah here with libel/slander you kind of have to prove you weren't libelling/slandering.

it's obviously a complete coincidence that libel tourism takes place here
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Robbgnarly

Yeah, you can. You can be sued for any reason someone can imagine.

You can even be in the right, and still lose everything you have because of legal costs.

But in this instance I wouldn't be too worried about it...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
^ Yeah that's what I was thinking, too. Just because you're technically in the right, the other person might (rightly, in a lot of cases) assume that threatening to sue you might make you back down. Or if that person has more money than you might go through it anyway for the hell of it, just to annoy you. You also can't completely discount losing even if you think you're in the right, too, if the other person has a better lawyer, or is just lucky, etc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You mean that there is somebody left that doesn't know the Vertex story?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Arby911
Yeah, you can. You can be sued for any reason someone can imagine.

Did you hear about the burglar who tried to break into someone's house through the roof, and he broke and fell through the skylight, landed on the ******* table and got stabbed by a knife that was left out on the table, then sued the homeowner for leaving the knife out, won the suit, and was awarded the house?

True story.

Edit: ******* is a banned word? Wtf?
(k i t c h e n)
Last edited by the_bi99man at Oct 23, 2014,
We had a spate of spammers flogging kitc*ens. I guess it's a hangover from that.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^ yeah

Quote by Cathbard
You mean that there is somebody left that doesn't know the Vertex story?

yeah this is why I always call BS on the "everyone knows by now, you're beating a dead horse" apologist crowd.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?