I'm going to buy a new amp and these are very similar, which one is better?
Thanks!
The 40XL is the more recent version
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
The 40XL is the more recent version

I read that the GX is the more recent
Quote by matheuust
I read that the GX is the more recent

It may be, I'm not big on the cube series, but I knew one was the newer version
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

I'm so confused, I need a good amp with more effects like the Cubes, do you know another one? In the same price.
What does the Cube 40gx cost in your area?
what types of music do you play?
what country do you live?
do you gig or play with others?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ The peavey vypyrs and vox valvetronixes might also be worth a look. what type(s) of music do you mainly play? EDIT: ^ ninja'd

Quote by Robbgnarly

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Robbgnarly
What does the Cube 40gx cost in your area?
what types of music do you play?
what country do you live?
do you gig or play with others?

Its around 600~650$ (yeah, that's what you read), I live in Brazil.
But you can't send me a amp in this price, this amp seems to cost 250$ in US and its this price in Brazil, imagine more expensive amps
I usually play rock/funk like Red Hot, in my bedroom alone, that's why I dont need a potent amp.

Quote by Dave_Mc
^ The peavey vypyrs and vox valvetronixes might also be worth a look. what type(s) of music do you mainly play? EDIT: ^ ninja'd

I will search this amps, I usually play rock/funk like Red Hot, in my bedroom alone, that's why I dont need a potent amp.

Thanks for the reply guys, I really appreciate
For rock and funk, look at the bigger Vox VT, Fender Mustang II besides the Cube.

the cube would work for what you want also. You do want to get an amp with a 12" or 10" speaker (12" if you can) because it will sound better.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
For rock and funk, look at the bigger Vox VT, Fender Mustang II besides the Cube.

the cube would work for what you want also. You do want to get an amp with a 12" or 10" speaker (12" if you can) because it will sound better.

Thanks!
The Fender Mustang II is more expensive but I found a VT20+ for a the same price as the Cube 40GX, which one is better?
Today I have a Fender Frontman 10G, it's super simple, the diffence will be very good in any amp, right?
I would go with the Cube 40x because it has a 10" speaker vs. a 8" speaker in the Vox Vt.

The cube sounds decent, so for what you need, it would work fine.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah the valvetronix (and maybe the mustang, but i haven't tried it) probably sounds better for lower gain stuff, but like rob i'm not sure i'd go for the lower model over the cube (which is still pretty decent, just normally considered to be more aimed at the heavier stuff like the vypyr).

it's your call, basically.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?