Decided to delete what I wrote because it's pointless
Last edited by Black_devils at Oct 22, 2014,
This is a collection of literally the most meaningless information you could possibly have chosen. Given that this appears to be your attitude I don't think you should be teaching at all.

What MUSIC can he play?
Does he understand any of it?
Can he write his own material?

There are so many more important things to know about than what speed he can do what.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Oct 22, 2014,
^ I don't get it? I was just looking for people to rate his technique within 2 years of playing is all. Meh I just think he plays blues lead, and rhythm i'm not to sure about anything else I was just helping him work on his technique. I wasn't teaching him music he learned that on his own all he did was ask me to help on his chops, and i'm just trying to get feed back if I taught him well lol.
Last edited by Black_devils at Oct 22, 2014,
Quote by Black_devils
^ I don't get it? I was just looking for people to rate his technique within 2 years of playing is all. Meh I just think he plays blues lead, and rhythm i'm not to sure about anything else I was just helping him work on his technique. I wasn't teaching him music he learned that on his own all he did was ask me to help on his chops, and i'm just trying to get feed back if I taught him well lol.

1 - Technique means exactly nothing without music to back it up. I can tell you all kinds of things I can do fast but I can't use them because they're too conditional or whatever.

2 - Even if it did mean anything... numbers don't mean anything anyway. You can get up a lot of speed with absolutely horrible technique. Also it's more than possible that your ears don't pick up things that others might.

Basically what I'm getting down to is... this list of numbers doesn't mean anything. Especially not when it comes to feedback on anything that matters: music, technique, or even your teaching. The only way to feed back on his playing is to see and hear it and the only way to feed back on your teaching is to experience it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
1 - Technique means exactly nothing without music to back it up. I can tell you all kinds of things I can do fast but I can't use them because they're too conditional or whatever.

2 - Even if it did mean anything... numbers don't mean anything anyway. You can get up a lot of speed with absolutely horrible technique. Also it's more than possible that your ears don't pick up things that others might.

Basically what I'm getting down to is... this list of numbers doesn't mean anything. Especially not when it comes to feedback on anything that matters: music, technique, or even your teaching. The only way to feed back on his playing is to see and hear it and the only way to feed back on your teaching is to experience it.

MHM I see your point there I'll take your advice then. I guess it was kind of pointless to post this on here, but well at least I know. I'm not looking to become a guitar teacher I just thought I did a pretty good job regarding getting his technical skills up >.>.