so what i want to do is be able to play the lead part of the song im working on then have a loop play when i get to a certain point of the main part of the riff im playing at the end of the chord progression / riff i want it to play the short "solo" of notes i could play this all at once but im trying to make it easier for me to focus on my main lead part of the song until i have that down 100 percent then add in the short rhythm piece or "solo" of notes. what would i need to add to my setup to make this work?
First, you should learn how to use punctuation. I dont really know what you are asking precisely, since your question is pretty incomprehensible. But, as far as looping goes, you can get a whole range of looper pedals. From what i can gather, you would need something more than a single loop? So i guess someting likethis or this could work. Or a Digitech JamMan. But looper pedal are pretty expensive. You can get a multieffects pedal that has a looper as well, my Zoom G3 has a 20s looper i think.

The other way is to use a computer and a DAW. Its really easy to loop whatever you want in Reaper. Thats what I use for looping parts when i want to figure out my lead parts or whatever. But you do need an audio interface and a mic, or an amp sim.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by mr42ndstblvd
so what i want to do is be able to play the lead part of the song im working on then have a loop play when i get to a certain point of the main part of the riff im playing at the end of the chord progression / riff i want it to play the short "solo" of notes i could play this all at once but im trying to make it easier for me to focus on my main lead part of the song until i have that down 100 percent then add in the short rhythm piece or "solo" of notes. what would i need to add to my setup to make this work?

Learn how to record in a DAW - Reaper is a great place to start. If you're serious about writing music you need to get serious about recording, tracking, arranging and mixing.