Was wonder how this amps is? Also does it have a master volume?Are the effects decent on it?. Have heard mixed reviews on it. I appreciate all your comments.Thanks
Quote by strat-O-matic92
Was wonder how this amps is?
Pretty bad if ya ask me.
I've played for 10 minutes, maybe more with one, and I really, really disliked it.

Cleans were pretty dead sounding, distorted stuff was bland.
I really couldn't find much more words to describe the thing - it didn't inspire me much.
Quote by strat-O-matic92
Also does it have a master volume?
Yep.
Quote by strat-O-matic92
Are the effects decent on it?
Not much, and the fx controls are pretty little.

Sounds like they're coming from a cheap digital mfx processor.
Which is what they're coming from actually...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
It is an OK amp, but nothing special at all. It is not for metal at all, but if you like decent cleans and up to hard-rock style distortion then you may like it.

The built-in FX are decent and switchable with the Haze foot-switch.

The stock speaker is not that great, but a high powered Greenback style speaker works really well

What is the price on it?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Oct 23, 2014,
would i be better off with the Marshall Class 5 instead? Im just concerned cuz that doesnt have a master volume and i live in a townghouse and mainly jam in my room or at my buddies
I don't know about the Haze but I'm a fan of the Class 5, its a killer lil amp. Just throw an od pedal in front to control the volume.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by strat-O-matic92
would i be better off with the Marshall Class 5 instead? Im just concerned cuz that doesnt have a master volume and i live in a townghouse and mainly jam in my room or at my buddies

What type of music?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I've owned this amp for about 5 years now. I'd say that it can be an amazing amp depending on what you need it for.

I bought it to keep at a rehearsal space for me to practice with a band. It is loud enough to easily be heard over a drummer. This amp can get VERY loud. I've never needed to turn it up past half volume. It has somewhat of a "boxy" sound when it gets really loud due to the closed back 1x12 quality. Some may like this, some may not. It Is a compact combo for everything it can do. It has enough built in effects that I didn't need to bring my pedal board to practice either. That was a huge convenience. I highly recomend buying the additional 3-button foot switch. The sound of the effects are decent but they get the job done for practice sake. You can completely bypass the effects and reverb so don't even worry about that yet.

The tone is really very good for the price! It achieves a great 80's pop/rock, 70's classic rock gain and clean tone. It maintains a true Marshall sound so you have to be wanting that tone. It's not much of a metal amp if you want super gain without using effect pedals.

I've used this amp at several gigs varying in size and it's been great.

I would not say this amp is great for recording because in some environments I get a slight hiss/hum out of it. It also doesn't have the nuanced overtones you get out of amps costing $1000 or more. The only real major problem I've had with this amp is that about 6 months ago the effects and reverb stopped working. I basically get an unusable effect saturated and weak signal if they're left on but if I bypass both the reverb and effects it sounds fine. I took it to my repair tech and after looking at it for a month he said it would cost more to fix than buying a new one.

So to conclude, for $350 used, this amp is great for beginners wanting a true Marshall sound and a very loud tube amp. It's also good for the seasoned player that needs a spare amp around.
I hated the Haze, both for clean and dirty, it was just a dead and boxy sounding amp, the Blackstar HT-60 seems to be in the same category of dull and boring. I've heard they take effects well, but at the price point the Valveking was a lot better sounding and cheaper by quite a few bucks new.

Class5 is a great combo, I own it. Awesome tones but it might be a little weird at super low volumes. It has a 1watt option so it could sound more distorted like what you get if you crank it louder but might sound a bit overcooked on the 1watt setting. I use overdrive in front to keep it at lower volumes. It has a certain quality to it that I haven't heard at that price point. It just stands out in a mix and I can easily say that you can mistake it for a much louder amp when needed. It feels more like a 30 watter

The Haze supposedly has some mods that can bring it close to JCM800 schematic, so it might be worthwhile if you're ready for a soldering gun.
This thread is two years old, guys.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100