Hopefully this is in the right section. I'm sure it's been asked before but I couldn't find anything.

I would like to get an app (iOS) that would turn my phone into an amp. I was checking out JamUp yesterday, but it looks like you need to plug a secondary speaker into the phone, unless I'm just not setting it up right. I want something that would allow me to just plug into my phone and go (I know audio would suck but that's not the point). Does such a thing exist, and if so, what would y'all recommend? And how would I set it up (as in, what cables would I need)?
JamUp works, thing is, to connect the guitar to the phone you do need a device such as an iRig or an apogee JAM.

Then you might as well use the phone's speaker AFAIK.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Depends on the app's settings.

You have something plugged in the headphones output, but the app may still let you hear what's producing coming out of the speaker.

You gotta write whovever makes the app you wanna buy and check, 'cause I really can't tell without having the thing under my hands.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.