I have a JVM410H and i love it a lot. It has some brutal gain but I need some tighter tones. I have a fulltone OCD that helps a little but im not sure what else i can do. I recently got my first seven string and im trying to get a tight bouncy tone that makes every note super clear. i might have to save up for a new amp? maybe a 6505+?
A better amp would help in general. But you should be able to get it pretty tight anyway. Roll the mids back a little bit, make sure bass isn't super high. Maybe try a noise gate?
Tube screamer in the front, or an EQ in the loop.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
The OCD isn't really regarded as a great boost. AFAIK. Try a Way Huge Green Rhino in front.

You shouldn't need a new amp, unless you just don't like yours.

The JVM has way more gain than it should. Don't be afraid to keep the knobs low or use the orange/yellow channels (can't remember right now which color it is).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
+1 on something tubescreamerish or sd1-ish
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Also +1 on a tubescreamer. If you're playing very chuggy stuff, however, I don't recommend a tube screamer since I'm very picky about my low end and resonance of my chugs and honestly I found that the tube screamer took away some of my low end thump. But it does a great job at adding clarity to the midrange frequencies.
Yep a Tubescreamer would be a great choice. If you want to save a few bucks I have a GFS Greenie classic and it is 3 TS pedals in one *(TS-808,TS-9 and a modified TS circuit) and is $50 new. I've had one on my pedal board for a few years and it seems sturdy.

The Digitech Bad Monkey is decent and cheap. It has a bass knob which is nice, but doesn't have the volume boost of the GFS. The Joyo Vintage OD is a TS clone also for cheap.

Or you can spend more if you want to
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate