hello sorry if this has been asked a milion times. where to start.
so far i been doing finger excerise going up and down the fret borad
geting to know each string and makeing sure iam hiting each string with the tips of my fingers i do good on the E,B,G, strings when i get to the top 3 sometimes i mute the string below it i know i wont learn this over night.
i been watching justin and marty on youtube for lessons. and reading tabs.
i been working on the D cord and A chord THIS IS A PAIN..
Every nite i practice for hour to 2 hours takeing a break every 20 mins or so
i been also working on the minor penatoic scale in a minor thats going ok.
ANY OTHER TIPS
Learn music. Real music, actual songs. Get in to writing music as soon as possible.

That's about it for now, that's really the stuff that matters, everything else is just for helping those two.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Learn music. Real music, actual songs. Get in to writing music as soon as possible.

That's about it for now, that's really the stuff that matters, everything else is just for helping those two.

^^^^ Yes, learn songs. The object should be to play music, not the guitar. All the exercises and the guitar itself are just tools to achieve that end.
thats you 2 i never though it of it like this. people say learn the guitar instead of learning songs...
Quote by Tazz3
thats you 2 i never though it of it like this. people say learn the guitar instead of learning songs...

When people say "learn the guitar, don't learn songs" what they mean is not to become someone who can only parrot other people's material without thinking about it or knowing anything for yourself. I say learn music. Learn songs as a medium for learning about what makes a song good, learn songs as a way of improving your technique so you can play the things you want to hear, learn songs as a way of learning how theory is applied in a real context...

Either that or you've come in here and asked for advice only to just shoot it down because it conflicts with what you already think. Whichever.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.