It makes noise but sounds nothing like the guitar by itself. Almost like the low notes are overriding the high because you can barely hear high notes.
1 - no, it won't sound anything like the guitar by itself. That's kind of the point of an amp.

2 - What EQ controls does the amp have? It may be that you've got the bass up & treble down. (Also check the tone control on your guitar).

What amp/guitar is it?

Also, so you know this should really be in the Gear & Accessories forum
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
1 - no, it won't sound anything like the guitar by itself. That's kind of the point of an amp.

2 - What EQ controls does the amp have? It may be that you've got the bass up & treble down. (Also check the tone control on your guitar).

What amp/guitar is it?

Also, so you know this should really be in the Gear & Accessories forum

I had all the EQ controls down, it's a fender mustang and a first act stratocaster
Start by turning them all up to about halfway, and tweak things up & down from there.

As it's a modelling amp, you'll probably need to read the manual to make sure there isn't another setting somewhere doing something you don't want it to.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud