So I've been getting a tattoo designed that features artwork from various favourite bands of mine, but the trick is that they aren't music tattoo's like logos or lyrics, these aren't personally to my taste.

The bands I have are:

Led Zeppelin
Foo Fighters
QOTSA
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Them Crooked Vultures
The Black Keys
Jimi Hendrix

All of these tattoos are placed around my upper right arm, and are as follows:

Led Zeppelin - Jimmy Paige's mysterious Zoso symbol

RHCP - Thorn artwork from Blood Sugar (I know, I just said no album art but this is to help fill in gaps)
Love heart with "Dani" written inside - Dani is the name Anthony Keidis gives to the girls he writes about in RHCP lyrics, where Dani isn't one girl, but an amalgamation of romantic female relationships he has had in the past.

Foo Fighters - Really can't think of anything

QOTSA - Deaf Notes as spacing. Again, guitar themed (Songs for the Deaf) plus a heart monitor line showing a beating heart, a dead heart, then a beating heart (Josh Homme died on the operating table and was resuscitated, just like my Grandad)

Them Crooked Vultures - Three largish Vulture feathers, similar to Dave's vulture feathers.

The Black Keys - Blue female eyes, but shattered like they are made out of glass - Black Keys songs are about heartbreak and this sums it up nicely. The pupils are black keys instead of small black circles.

Jimi Hendrix - a large, swirling, circling guitar tablature for Purple Haze. My best friend of 12+ years has the same principle but for Voodoo Child. I know, matching tattoo's, but we're not anywhere near as close as we were. This is just for "The good old times" and because it's a bitchin' song.

So right now I'm incredibly stuck with Foo Fighters. The thing is they are my favourite band ever, but I just can't think of something significant enough that also says "Foo Fighters" without being too literal. I would lean more strongly towards getting symbolic imagery without band logos or artwork coming into the mix.

Some ideas that are good and bad:

Anything to do with UFOs - bad, one because getting UFO's tattoo'd on me screams "nut job" and two because Dave has stated numerous times he thinks Foo Fighters is the dumbest band name ever so I think the whole alien fascination thing has worn off haha

An idea I did quite like is using things like Metronomes and Tape to show how Foo's believe that real music is music recorded raw and without computer tampering to clean it up, that when you capture real musicians playing real music you have something inspiring. This is a pretty cool idea that I would love to roll with but I just can't think of imagery that is symbolic of this, without having metronome's etc on me...

Anyway, all ideas are much appreciated. Thank you for the help, rockers!
forget all of that and just get the lion tattoos

:')
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
get a tattoo of a fat guy taking a huge dump, because that's the best representation of the foo fighters music i can think of.
lol whatta thread

get a back tattoo of a bear ripping an atlantic salmon from a raging river in northern BC and smarten up ya goof
theres a perfectly good body mods thread that needs life that nobdy uses. i suggest you go there for advice since you're likely to get a bunch of idiots saying tattoos are shit and everybody is dumb blah blah
pinga
Get this -->

Cuz that's my reaction to the Foo Fighters.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Cb4rabid
theres a perfectly good body mods thread that needs life that nobdy uses. i suggest you go there for advice since you're likely to get a bunch of idiots saying tattoos are shit and everybody is dumb blah blah

Tattoos arent shit. But all these bands are. As is the words 'rock mural'. So cringey.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Get this -->

Cuz that's my reaction to the Foo Fighters.

u need to get #foospired brother
banned
lame.

my Hitchhiker's Guide tattoo is less lame and wasn't nearly as painful or expensive as this would be.

and i got it on an impulse to prove to the girl i liked that drove me there that i wasn't, in fact, a "pussy"
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Deliriumbassist
If the Foos think that real music is captured like that, they should listen to Dire Strait's Brothers in Arms and then proceed to apologise for being so goddamn stupid,

This is a beautiful post.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by jakesmellspoo
lame.

my Hitchhiker's Guide tattoo is less lame and wasn't nearly as painful or expensive as this would be.

and i got it on an impulse to prove to the girl i liked that drove me there that i wasn't, in fact, a "pussy"

What is it of? A bowl of petunias?
Dude, no ****ing Floyd?

Get like some bricks from The Wall put behind that shit or the pig from the Animals cover...or if you're feeling adventurous, the guy on fire from Wish You Were Here.

TBH, I've been thinking about getting my first tattoo with the cover from Joy Division's Unknown Pleasure...but that's just me.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Just get a big veiny penis tatooed on you. It'll be unique, at least.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
You should get a tattoo of a really long penis and title it "Everlong."
Quote by Chaoslava
This thread :') What have I done?!

You opened the box, and released all the evils of the world.

In the box, there's just a note reading "I'm sorry we couldn't complete your order, as we are currently out of hope. As a substitute, we gave you posts about penises in your thread. Have a nice day from all of us at The Pit".
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Just get a big veiny penis tatooed on you. It'll be unique, at least.

And then have it on your penis as well so girls think you're a testosterone filled ****ing machine.

Or a total weirdo
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Dude I did the same thing with bands I loved growing up! Flock of Seagulls, George Michael, Right Said Fred, Boy George, the Eurythmics... they are all there! Still looks pretty sweet now that I'm over 30 when I rock my tank top and cut off jeans. Chicks dig it, moms especially.

Ok so that's not true. But you see what I mean, you might totally change your tastes in a few years and be stuck with a tattoo that doesn't really mean as much to you as it once did.

I am actually a Foo fan, but you could always get "The Best, The Best, The Best, The Best etc..." tattoed like a tribal arm band around your arm for the Foos.... lol