Page 1 of 12
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/24/marysville-pilchuck-high-school-shooting_n_6043382.html
Police said at a press conference that the shooter, who was a student at the school, is dead. Officials told The Seattle Times the shooter was killed by a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

At least one other student was also killed, Marysville Police confirmed in a tweet.

Four additional students were hospitalized, Dr. Joanna Roberts of Providence Hospital told CNN. Three suffered head wounds and were in critical condition at Providence, while the fourth had lesser injuries and was transferred to Harborview Medical Center.
Another student, 15-year-old Jarron Webb, told The Seattle Times that one of the students shot was a girl who the shooter had wanted to date, but who had rejected him.
Very sad stuff. I'd read other articles before this one which hadn't got the rejection info yet, that just made it more depressing. 37th (?) school shooting this year, jesus wept
Nothing will ever change. If Sandy Hook can't change America's mind, then what would? I can't imagine much worse than a bunch of babies getting slaughtered in cold blood.
The real culprit here is the Seattle/PNW winter weather driving people insane
My God, it's full of stars!
Apparently he was homecoming king and a football player. Never heard of a popular kid shooting up a school

Here come the gun debates again.
Quote by DukeDeRox
Apparently he was homecoming king and a football player. Never heard of a popular kid shooting up a school

Here come the gun debates again.

I'd say it has more to do with mental issues and emotional/mental instability than gun laws and popularity.

I'm just spitballing though.
ayy lmao
Quote by chookiecookie
I'd say it has more to do with mental issues and emotional/mental instability than gun laws and popularity.

I'm just spitballing though.

Oh yeah, def. Just never expect the popular cool kids to be one of those people who struggle or have mental problems.
Quote by DukeDeRox
Oh yeah, def. Just never expect the popular cool kids to be one of those people who struggle or have mental problems.

Hopefully this will shed some light on that ("successful people can have problems!?!") instead of becoming a gun law slobberfest.
Guns dont kill people. Teenagers do.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by ErikLensherr

ugh dude

Honestly I was just trying to brainstorm some ways this could possibly be prevented/lessened and I only came up with one that doesn't require unrealistic and enormous social leaps. But I don't want to get into it either.

I hope the families are having lots of love and support right now.

Quote by Dreadnought
Hopefully this will shed some light on that ("successful people can have problems!?!") instead of becoming a gun law slobberfest.

Yeah hopefully, but probably not a ton.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Last edited by Bob_Sacamano at Oct 24, 2014,
Quote by Dreadnought

It will become a gun law debate because it's election time

I think the stigma that only weak people get mental help will linger for a long time. The whole "teens have real stress and issues" thing will probably be brought up then fade away too.
Quote by Amuro Jay
Is it safe to assume that the student's motive was his rejection?

Because while mental health issues and instability are obviously a big part of this, I think that his perceived sense of entitlement due to his social status definitely played into it.

That's a whole lotta speculation
I remember back in the day in school we'd have to go through metal detectors. Because gangs and shit.

There, problem diminished at least. Stop assuming kids aren't gonna bring weapons to schools, because I know I used to carry a switch blade everywhere I went with me to school.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Sad, indeed.

I was already thinking about raising a family in a different country and these occurrences kind make that plan more appealing.

Feel really bad for the kids and parents who have to go through this stuff.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by DukeDeRox

Probably assumed that she should have been thrilled that he asked her. His ego couldn't take it. Like that loser in California.
That area just got hit with a massive landslide a few months ago and is still recovering from that.

It's just a numbers game. And sadly it is often how visceral something is instead of actual probabilities and liklihoods of causes of death (obesity, smoking) that grab people's attention, Such as shark attacks being far less likely than dying in a car accident driving to the beach, but everyone is scared of sharks.

That said, we should still try to prevent violence, but the amount of attention we focus on this compared to what really harms us sucks.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Quote by Dreadnought

Feels great over here in the 509
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by jugglingfreak
Probably assumed that she should have been thrilled that he asked her. His ego couldn't take it. Like that loser in California.

People get their egos smashed to pieces every day without shooting people. There's a deeper explanation somewhere in this tragedy.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by TSmitty6
That area just got hit with a massive landslide a few months ago and is still recovering from that.

It's just a numbers game. And sadly it is often how visceral something is instead of actual probabilities and likelihoods of causes of death (obesity, smoking) that grab people's attention, Such as shark attacks being far less likely than dying in a car accident driving to the beach, but everyone is scared of sharks.

That said, we should still try to prevent violence, but the amount of attention we focus on this compared to what really harms us sucks.

numbers don't change the fact that this is a thing

and there's a shitload of attention on car accidents, obesity related deaths, and smoking, I'm not sure why you think there's too much coverage on things like this and not enough on obesity/smoking/etc., last I checked a majority of school related shootings don't really get national coverage on the news
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by Amuro Jay
It is, but it's not unthinkable. And you know it's the stance feminists will take on it.

Probs
Quote by TSmitty6

I would say kids shooting each other on a regular basis at schools "really harms us."
If only those highschool students had guns none of this ever would have happened. I say we make it mandatory for all teenagers to purchase guns in order to attend highschool.
Seriously, another school shooting? It seems to happen every couple months now. It's not a shock anymore, it happens so often. It's sad how violent kids seem to have become.
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
Quote by Amuro Jay
It is, but it's not unthinkable. And you know it's the stance feminists will take on it.

You could probably could extend it out to a culture, whatever it may be, that permeates American life -- a lot of first world countries have self-entitlement issues and macho stuff as well. Filtering out the mass shootings, American schools are still infamous for low-level crime activity.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by Nelshizzle
I remember back in the day in school we'd have to go through metal detectors. Because gangs and shit.

There, problem diminished at least. Stop assuming kids aren't gonna bring weapons to schools, because I know I used to carry a switch blade everywhere I went with me to school.
wow so ghetto u must hav mad street cred
Another one?

Firstly, thoughts and prayers with the families of the victims. I hope those who were only wounded recover quickly, and that those who did not survive will be remembered fondly.

Secondly, I will try to find a grain of goodness in this, and say that I hope this sheds a light on both gun control and mental health. Perhaps we can learn from this and realize that there needs to be more done in terms of mental health care throughout America, so that this is the last news article of its kind that we ever see.
I live about 30 minutes away from this place.

My dad works with a guy whose son was sitting two seats down from the first victim when it happened.

absolutely horrible.
Quote by Wormholes
And people still think lax gun laws in America don't need to change.

Law's wont do anything. What you have over there is a culture that quite frankly obsesses over guns while at the same time producing a lot of very sick individuals.

You'd be much better off without guns but it's far too late for that. It's kinda like trying to ban alcohol at this point. People gonna rage.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
America's very entertaining. Need more shootings. Oh and please give every kid a gun so they can protect themselves. Country full of geniuses.
Quote by Dreadnought

and the rain

THE RAAAAIIIIIIIINNNNNNN
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Dreadnought

what are you on about, it's still too ****ing warm out
Maybe America should get rid of guns so this doesn't happen every 2 weeks.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car