So ever since I got the KH-202 LTD Kirk Hammett signature guitar I can't seem to re-string and tune it for life of me. I know how to re-string and tune any normal bridge guitar but I've never worked with floyd rose bridges before. I looked up many videos on how to string a floyd rose, followed their instructions, but I always keep running into the same problem where the strings keep snapping when tuning. I have the bridge parallel to the guitar so I don't think thats the problem.

What am I doing wrong?
For one thing, unless you have to do so only change one string at a time, and do it from the low E first. It sounds like you're putting too much tension on the high strings. Where are the strings snapping? if its at the saddle there could be an edge there that needs dressing...
This may be a stupid question but, are you tuning the string before or after tightening the string clamps? Tune first, tighten after.
Sounds like you're tightening the nut clamps before you tune it. Otherwise you shouldn't be getting enough tension to snap the strings. Always leave the clamps at the nut loose until the guitar is already tuned up. Then tighten them and use the fine tuners at the bridge to give it another tuning once the clamps are down. These types of bridges do require a lot of re-tuning over and over because adjusting one string changes the other 5. With a good quality bridge, though, once it's tuned it should stay in tune for a long time
Ok so instead of putting the strings in the saddle all at once and then stringing em, your saying just put one in the saddle at a time and string all them individually? Cause what I did was: 1. loosen up and remove old strings 2. put something under bridge to raise bridge 3. put all strings in the saddles one by one starting with high e 4. stringed each string through posts one by one 5. removed the thing under bridge and started tuning the loose strings..I also raised the bridge so it was parallel during when the 6 and 5th string kept snapping. They always span at the saddle. So what do you mean by dressing the edges?
Quote by Impellios
This may be a stupid question but, are you tuning the string before or after tightening the string clamps? Tune first, tighten after.

I removed the string clamps before putting new strings on. I know your suppose to put them on last when everything is tuned. The thing is I can feel the tension on the strings when I get close to getting it to the right key and then they just snap @ the saddle. Also its seems I noticed I get to right key but when the string is still loose so i keep turning and then it snaps so something about the tension i dont get.
Quote by thrashattax
Ok so instead of putting the strings in the saddle all at once and then stringing em, your saying just put one in the saddle at a time and string all them individually? Cause what I did was: 1. loosen up and remove old strings 2. put something under bridge to raise bridge 3. put all strings in the saddles one by one starting with high e 4. stringed each string through posts one by one 5. removed the thing under bridge and started tuning the loose strings..I also raised the bridge so it was parallel during when the 6 and 5th string kept snapping. They always span at the saddle. So what do you mean by dressing the edges?

Basically, there's probably a sharp edge at your bridge somewhere that needs to be sanded down with very fine sandpaper.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Is the string actually snapping or is it just coming out of the insert block..? If it's coming out of the insert block then try flattening the end of the string with a pair of pliers before putting it in.