Page 1 of 2
hi everyone, i am just offering my humble observations that ive noticed in playing music locally and what ive seen on other forums.

to me it seems that so many people have forgot what making music is and just sit back and scrutinize it. locally (Spokane,WA), ive noticed that everyone just seems to be a dick, who always makes it clear that they are better than you because they either had lessons from a teacher, know all of their scales, and are technical players. never once have i heard someone who said they tried to play something with feeling. and playing with the local musicians is a whole different story. it seems that instead of syncing up and making a groove (making music) building off of each-others ideas every one just says the other members are doing it wrong and should be done their way. what happened to making music instead of dictating music?

usually i am pretty chill when i read different types of forums, but i ran across this forum that was so filled with hate and negativity it mad me sick, so i thought i would post a link here and see what you guys think

http://www.electricalaudio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4147

http://www.electricalaudio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6364&start=40

http://www.electricalaudio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=909&sid=eb8cd97b94b4d2626f6dcc29e278b773

all three of these musicians are very talented, and are revered by many, and have survived the industry. also they have many fans and are generally respected by everyone who i discuss music with locally. but most of the things said about them on this forum, my god!,i mean making fun of their dead children? , saying that the world is a better place after they died? , who says these things. these are things that shouldn't be said to average people out of common courtesy, yet alone people who have giving the gift of music which is enjoyed by millions to the world.

have you noticed this type of attitude in your local music scene?

thank your for your time.
peace
I know I think it's really weird that this behaviour has happened only now, and not before. It's like haters are a 21st century thing only! More and more I feel like I was born in th wrong generation
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
I know I think it's really weird that this behaviour has happened only now, and not before. It's like haters are a 21st century thing only! More and more I feel like I was born in th wrong generation

One thing i remember is the 80s,and such.
One time I was in a mall in 1993 and saw a hater,I think.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I noticed that on this website there are a lot of haters of metallica and such but on other forums like furaffinity they don't judge people based on what music they listen to maybe one day the mods will stop people from discriminating against furries in pittsburgh they appreciated our business
#childhoodruinedforever
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Back in 1983, you would get bopped in the nose if you said ac/dc sucks.

i dont understand why people dont appreciate metal and goth music. i think i saw a goth girl in south florida when i went to the zoo in 1989. i was distracted so i am not sure.
my h8ers r my motiv8ers
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by MinterMan22
Back in 1983, you would get bopped in the nose if you said ac/dc sucks.

life goal:

build a time machine and fully functioning Iron Man suit and go around telling 80's dorks that AC/DC sucks, watch them break their hands on my metal exterior, then queeze their heads until they pop like grapes.

also, i find Led Zeppelin boring. cave my face in with a brick.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Last edited by jakesmellspoo at Oct 25, 2014,
I don't see it in real-life, and I think that's because it's more the anonymity than anything else. Nobody knows who you really are online, and few people have the know-how to find out. Anonymity removes responsibility and accountability, which opens the floodgates on more vitriolic, angry behavior.

People are a lot more aggressive when they're just bashing a dude with a Pink Floyd avatar who they only know through letters on a screen than they are when they're with their buddy Rick who's showing them his favorite Pink Floyd album, where you can see the hurt on his face if you tell him you think it sucks ass.

It's not a generation thing, it's an internet thing. Your experiences in real-life are probably negative because, lets be honest, Washington's music scene is made up largely nowadays of pretentious hipsters.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Oct 25, 2014,
I just have so much hate to share with the world, in an attempt to balance out all those hippies who wanted to spread peace and love and shit music.

I'm looking at you, John Lennon.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Wormholes
Also please stop using the word "hater"
The Dallas Cowboys have a lot of [PEOPLE WHO ARE VERY STRONGLY NOT A FAN].
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Wormholes
This is absolutely nothing new. Also please stop using the word "hater"

Why you bein such a hater?
"I'll have 2 number nines, a number nine large, a number six with extra dip, a number seven, two number forty-fives, one with cheese, and a large soda" ~Melvin 'Big Smoke' Harris.
Quote by Baby Joel

No one hated on the Beatles or the Stones because they were real bands that created real music. None of that Justin Bibler crap you hear on the radio these days.
haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate

shake it off

shake it off

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
If you don't like a paticular musician why are you listening to them and if you don't listen to them how can you comment on their work? Change the channel dummy, get off YouTube and take your head out of your butt to get some fresh air once in awhile. Even if you don't like an artist you should have the ability to appreciate that these people mentioned here were pioneers in music. Without them we wouldn't have the music we have today. They were not sitting in their bedrooms watching YouTube or reading guitar tabs to learn how to play the intro to "Sweet Child of Mine". They were out playing clubs and traveling from one crappy bar to another to learn how to play in front of live people and created the basics of the music we have today. If you don't like an artist just move on and listen to whatever style makes you get wet. Let us all know when you come up with something new like they did in their time. Until your next release goes triple platinum....shut up.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Nov 7, 2014,
Quote by Rickholly74
If you don't like a paticular musician why are you listening to them and if you don't listen to them how can you comment on their work? Change the channel dummy, get off YouTube and take your head out of your butt to get some fresh air once in awhile. Even if you don't like an artist you should have the ability to appreciate that these people mentioned here were pioneers in music. Without them we wouldn't have the music we have today. They were not sitting in their bedrooms watching YouTube or reading guitar tabs to learn how to play the intro to "Sweet Child of Mine". They were out playing clubs and traveling from one crappy bar to another to learn how to play in front of live people and created the basics of the music we have today. If you don't like an artist just move on and listen to whatever style makes you get wet. Let us all know when you come up with something new like they did in their time. Until your next release goes triple platinum....shut up.

lmao
Quote by Rickholly74

lmao
Quote by EndTheRapture51
haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate

shake it off

shake it off

lmao
Quote by SMH07
No one hated on the Beatles or the Stones because they were real bands that created real music. None of that Justin Bibler crap you hear on the radio these days.

Tons of people hated on them, especially old people who thought it was obscene.

And then there was this, most hate ever for a band. Just look at those poor young, brainwashed southern folks!
Attachments:
Press-Photo-shows-youngsters-burning-Beatles-records-in-Waycross-Ga.-1966..jpg
Last edited by Tempoe at Nov 7, 2014,
There's always been haters on music, since the days Ugg figured out how to make a drum and grunt a melody. Nothing's changed.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
There's always been haters on music, since the days Ugg figured out how to make a drum and grunt a melody. Nothing's changed.

haha yeah so true hey sam you should check out grime its pretty neat!
Quote by Tempoe

Key difference though, is that old people aren't alone in hating on Bieber. Another difference is that he hasn't brought anything new to the table except for the way he was discovered.
I and maybe like, 10 people younger than I am are the local music scene, and we either play metal, or sit in bedrooms plugging away in DAWs, writing orchestral music or edm.

Your local scene sounds like a bunch of high schoolers.
Last edited by stratkat at Nov 7, 2014,
Quote by Tempoe

And then there was this, most hate ever for a band. Just look at those poor young brainwashed southern folks!

where did u find that pic of me burning a bunch of shitty dad rock records?
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
Wasn't there a huge disco vs rock thing back in the 70s

And 80s, and 90s, and naughties, and today. This starts to look like a trend.
Quote by Lord_Doku
Key difference though, is that old people aren't alone in hating on Bieber. Another difference is that he hasn't brought anything new to the table except for the way he was discovered.

literally the only people who care enough to hate bieber are long haired teenagers who complain about pop music selling yet sling endless amounts of shit at the modern day rock bands that actually have broken through lol
I can't believe bieber hate is still popular. Are so many people really stuck in 2010?
Page 1 of 2