Been looking at getting a multi effects pedal. There's 2 I've been really looking at.

But am open to suggestions only thing I require is I would like a looper as part of the pedal.

I've been looking at the Zoom G3X and the Line 6 M13.

I like that the zoom has a rhythm unit built in but its not a huge deal as I can always just plug my phone or iPod into the aux port on my amp and play backing tracks through it.

Thanks in advance for the help
Both the Zoom and Line 6 you mentioned are great.

Go for the G3X if you need amp+cabinet simulations and the expression pedal, go for the M13 if you want more of an "individual pedals" feel.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
M13 for sure

But like Linkerman said if you need amp/cab sims I'd shy away from the M13 and get a POD HD500 well over the G3x
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The amp sims are a big plus and from what I can hear they are pretty close to the real thing.

Heard someone do a cover of highway to hell using the Marshall sim.... Could of fooled me I thought I was listening to the actual song
The Zoom is great for individual effects as well - I have the G3 (same as the G3X, but without the expression pedal) and it's probably the only pedal on my board I'd replace like for like with no thought about potential alternatives.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
The Zoom is great for individual effects as well (...)

Definitely, yes.

What I meant is that the M13 gives you more of an "individual pedals" feel because it has like 4x more assignable switches than the G3X.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
I understand what your saying about the M13. But can't you run 6 effects at once with the zoom as opposed to 4 with the M13
Quote by Shake'N'Bake
I understand what your saying about the M13. But can't you run 6 effects at once with the zoom as opposed to 4 with the M13

Yes.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
I may have a biased opinion of this, but I'd go for the zoom. There products, to me, seem more sturdy than line 6. I've owned a few different Line 6 pedals and while they seemed cool at first, all got sold and unused within a month. I feel the Zoom would be a more permanent choice.

Just my two cents.
I'd pick the zooom if you don't want an fx loop. You could always get two zoom G3s and use them in separate places so the need for fx loop is solved. The ability to have 6 fx at once is a cool thing. If you don't need a looper then there's the zoom ms50g for even cheaper, actually the g1xon would be the cheapest but it's basically made of plastic so rather avoid that.
I have the Zoom pedal but trying to find a decent tone messing around with the settings was too much of a hassle. Good tone CAN be found, but I ended up getting other pedals for that instead. If you are going to gig, don't get anything less than the Pod HD500. I went with the Zoom trying to keep things on a budget but ehh. Its good but not satisfying. Get an HD500 and be done with tone and effects.