Hi guys,

I am planning to buy an Amp. I have my eyes set on the Vypyr VIP 2. But before buying, I would like to know are there any other amps in the same price category which are similar to the VIP 2 or better? Thanks.

I mostly play/listen to Children of Bodom, Poets of the Fall, Slipknot, 3 Doors Down, 32 leaves, Guns n Roses, Pink Floyd, ZZ Top, Combichrist, A7x, Santana, Chad Kroeger, Sixx.A.M., Ozzy Osbourne, Paul Gilbert, Dream Theater etc.
Quote by 2FoolForSchool
Easy Vypyr Tube 60...

searched for it..out of budget..its almost double the price of VIP 2 here in India
You won't find a better new amp for the price.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
You won't find a better new amp for the price.

What about the Fender mustang 2?
Quote by akaikisaki

The consensus opinion is that Fender has better cleans, but the Vypyr is better for high gain and metal.
Called up a store today. The guy said Line 6 are also good for my preference. Could you please name a few Line 6 for the same budget and features as the VIP 2? The VIP 2 is currently priced at India Rupee 20,500 which is $334.58.
^ he probably wants to sell you a Spider III or such.

The only Line 6 amps that I would consider is the Vetta, DT Series, Spider Valve and Flextone. If they have one of those for $334 then I'd consider it.

BTW - I own a Vypyr Tube 60 and I got it used for $315. I've seen them as low as $250. For me, it is superior to all the Line 6 amps especially in the price=performance ratio.

PS: I realize you are in India. You are just going to have to hunt.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Oct 27, 2014,

They’re not bad amps, but because they’re intended to be used with a computer, they’re a PITA to use. And Peavey does high-gain modeling better.

The guy said Line 6 are also good for my preference.

Line 6 does not make anything comparable. The DT amps are nice, but are significantly more expensive than the Vypyr. The Spyder amps sound like shit.
I DO NOT recommend the Line 6 Spider. They sound alright for ss, but I would definitely not gig with one. That being said, the versatility of tones you can get out of that amp is astonishing and the many on-board effects that come with it make pedals for it almost pointless unless you don't have the footswitch.
Go for the Peavey Vypyr VIP 2, it's a great amp and it'll do what you want.

Whatever you do, don't buy a Line 6 Spider. The Vypyr is infinitely better.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Well, I was going to buy the VIP 2. But its only available online. So i wont be able to test it, listen to it etc. Thats why I am interested in any other amps similar to the VIP 2. Someone mentioned the Blackstar and Roland amps.