Hi guys! I've been looking for a 5-string bass and found a pretty interesting Ibanez SR755 WNF (Japan 2001) for ~420$ (rough conversion). It features IBZ DX-5N and IBZ DX-5B pups and Accu-Cast B25 bridge.
Owner says that this bass is fully functional and the only problems with it are cosmetic. I personally don't really care about cosmetics but it should certanly affect the price.
So is that deal good? What is your opinion? I have no experience with used instruments, have no idea how to estimate the value of one and don't have any references to compare with so I'd really appreciate some help with this.
Thanks in advance!
Attachments:
DSCF1573.jpg
DSCF1568.jpg
DSCF1574.jpg
I have no idea where you are, and your location could make a difference in whether that's a deal or not. I'd be inclined to say "no" -- I've seen some pretty nice stuff for less here in LA, including that guitar.
@Ippon I don't really understand what does minty mean (English is not my native language). Could you please explain? I can only guess but I'd rather be certain
^ Minty means "mint", I guess, which means (more or less) "as new" (or "almost as new"). I.e. If someone didn't tell you it was second hand/used, you'd think it was new.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by harmlesspyjama
@dspellman I live in Russia. Not really sure how to compare Russia and US though.

It's a pretty decent price then. Here in Western mainland Europe, they go for 500-600 eur depending on condition.
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
^
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?