Page 1 of 2
It seems that a lot of territory has been explored in rock. What do you think the next direction rock music should take? What direction do you think it is taking?

inb4
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
The next logical step after the MacBook Pro is of course...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
not being funny or anything, but rock is already in the macbook era.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
"Rock" is such a broad term, it's tough to say, which is part of the problem. If you stray so far as to be intuitive, it'll be categorised as one of the 23,342,454 subgenres (source needed).
rock is dead.

up tha punx.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
The be all, end all of rock n roll

<-------
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by whywefight
a cold lonely death with no eulogy or attendees

^^
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Whatever you want it to be...

oooooh, nice good vibes samwell.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
The whole indie scene is where rock involved into. Bands like imagine dragons, not that i particularly like them, are where the genre is headed.

Of course there will still be remnants of any genres and a minority that follows them almost exclusively. It seems like theres a drastic split of rock where its either heavy enough to interest metalheads or radio friendly enough for the rest of the world.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Last edited by Wiegenlied at Oct 25, 2014,
The next logical step would be sampling Neil Diamond lyrics, overlaying them onto a Megadeath backing track and dubbing some circa 2006 Scouse House donks over the top.
RPD - Finger Pickin' Good
I think the next step in rock music or for rock musicians is not doing rock music and exploring the other genres till rock isn't hyped as the only applicable genre. Only as the underdog will "rock" make another true step forward! >_O;
COLORS!

OMG

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Also, people who wear Monster swag are automatically douches.
nonexistence
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by fingrpikingood

dude i went to a pizza place/bar with my family tonight and for live music a guy was playing that with a drummer and i think a bass/horns track.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Quote by fingrpikingood

I would actually really love a keytar revolution...rise of the keytars!!!
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
I would actually really love a keytar revolution...rise of the keytars!!!

Seriously, with the tech we have now, give me a keytar that will play .nsmv files with the ways to map the macro controls, and I would have such a blast with that. with a wa pedal typed thing that I can map to whatever I want also. And now come to think of it, the equivalent sort of thing for FM8 also that I could switch back and forth from. And an xy controller touchpad somewhere for my left hand.
Last edited by fingrpikingood at Oct 26, 2014,
I feel that almost everything that has been done in rock has been done. You probably can't write a riff for a song without it sounding like someone elses song.
i don't know why there's such a huge emphasis on constantly doing something that hasn't been done before. it's good to push yourself creatively, but you shouldn't feel held hostage to innovation. why not just make music you want to hear? who cares if it sounds like something that came before it? if you're writing original music, you're going to sound like you. even if you try to write like your influences.
#DTWD
Tool's new album, duh.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Glam djent. It's coming, just wait for it.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Glam djent. It's coming, just wait for it.

*djent djent djent*
Tonight!
*djent djent djent*
Woo-mon!
*djent djent djent*
We'll be drivin' down Sebulveda!
*djent djent djent*
With the t-top down!
*djent djent djent*
Quote by Axelfox
I feel that almost everything that has been done in rock has been done.

just want to quote this
i don't know why i feel so dry
I feel the only sane reply to this question is boobs
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by primusfan
i don't know why there's such a huge emphasis on constantly doing something that hasn't been done before. it's good to push yourself creatively, but you shouldn't feel held hostage to innovation. why not just make music you want to hear? who cares if it sounds like something that came before it? if you're writing original music, you're going to sound like you. even if you try to write like your influences.

I think you just described Oasis
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
Quote by EndTheRapture51

That made me vomit.

Every band is gonna have 5 rappers and a dj.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by Axelfox
I feel that almost everything that has been done in rock has been done. You probably can't write a riff for a song without it sounding like someone else's song.

That same could be said of almost any genre, Axel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsHVy7CjGfk

The future is here.
>Calls themselves "Progressive Metal".
>Plays Djent.

Ugh. No.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Oct 26, 2014,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
>Calls themselves "Progressive Metal".
>Plays Djent.

Ugh. No.

jsus h. christ
i don't know why i feel so dry