I would love to get a KV2 but they are way too expensive. I agree that KVMGs and JS32s are not really high in quality and nothing compared to a KV2. I'm looking for a high quality used Jackson King V for under or around $1,000. I know KV1s are good, any other high quality models? And no Randy Rhoads recs please I don't like that style at all no to Phil Demmel too.
Last edited by 2FoolForSchool at Oct 25, 2014,
Save your dough

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
sounds like you know what you want. save up.

i am guessing you wouldn't be too keen on this but you could find a used faded gibson for under that. i have a Gothic V from 2001ish and it kills. the 500t in the bridge is brutal.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
sounds like you know what you want. save up.

i am guessing you wouldn't be too keen on this but you could find a used faded gibson for under that. i have a Gothic V from 2001ish and it kills. the 500t in the bridge is brutal.

Already got a Faded Ebony Gibson Flying V. Yeah I want a KV2 and some day I'll probably manage to get one, but right now the price is just way out of my league.
Ebay sold listings say that KV2s have been snagged for $1100-1400. MIA Jackson is easily worth that, IMO. They are really nice.

The KVMG Pro & Pro King V are probably nice guitars. I would try before you buy though. Jackson's non-MIA/MIJ stuff has not impressed me. I'm sure there are great ones out there, but their QC is just not good, from what I've seen.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I can understand JS32 being meh, it is afterall beginners guitar. But Pro serie not being good? Now I have not played one but this reeks of nonsense. If you can go and try one, do it and do not let internet opinions influence and decide for you. If it doesnt feel good, its not good for you. If it does, buy it.

Alternative for Jackson KV you might look into ESP and LTD V serie. Headstock is uglier but general gist of the guitar is the same as far as looks go.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Oct 26, 2014,
a used or NOS MIJ one might be worth considering.

other than that, save up as trashed said, especially if you know what you want...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by MaaZeus
I can understand JS32 being meh, it is afterall beginners guitar. But Pro serie not being good? Now I have not played one but this reeks of nonsense. If you can go and try one, do it and do not let internet opinions influence and decide for you. If it doesnt feel good, its not good for you. If it does, buy it.

Alternative for Jackson KV you might look into ESP and LTD V serie. Headstock is uglier but general gist of the guitar is the same as far as looks go.

Nah I didn't say that. Never tried a Pro before looks like I'll probably just buy a KVMG Pro used and that's as good as it'll get until sometime this century when I can finally afford a KV2. It will be very hard for me to be in a financial situation where I can justify throwing down $1600 or more on a guitar.
Last edited by 2FoolForSchool at Oct 26, 2014,