Anybody wanna buy an Ibanez?

I've always been kind of against Strats because they're incredibly overrated, super played out, and just generally kind of blah looking. I was jamming with a friend on a shitty eBay travel guitar I had in the storage area we were playing in and he called his friend with the Strat and had him come over. It was probably the best playing guitar I've ever had the pleasure to pick at. I now realize the hype had to come from somewhere and the solid reputation didn't appear by a bunch of liars and I'm humbled. And I have gas. And GAS.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
This is what basing opinion on prejudice does.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Strats are very common for a good reason and an added bonus is, if you buy a good, used Fender Strat at a good price and take care of it, it's probably not gonna lose value. So if you go to upgrade, you can basically get your money back when/if you sell it. Same thing with Fender Teles.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Yeah, I used to think strats were incredibly overrated until I played one. Now I hardly play any other electric guitars...
RIP Gooze

cats
Love em.Currently playing a hand stained FSR American Special in Violin Burst.Looks like a sunburst but more woody.Love it!Still gassing one with a 70's headstock though.
Strats are nice I do agree that you see them too much and they seem played out but a nice strat is a nice guitar no question. Try a Gretsch they are great too. Bought one and took a chance best sounding guitar I have. I am not in their demographic either i play vintage progressive rock (think Yes and Floyd) and even a bit of shred.

So if you get a strat get a purple one or a poka dot one to be different.
Strats are beautiful. Sometimes something is popular for a reason.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

^ Yeah.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd love a strat but I can't deal with single coils. I used to have a MIM Tele and even though I swapped the pickups for Hot Rails I still couldn't gel with it, though it was an amazing guitar. I could never find the difference between an MIM and an MIA/MIJ, so I'd say the MIM is a good deal if you wanted one.

So.. uh.. what kind of Ibanez are we talking about (nonchalantly points at sig)
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
I'd love a strat but I can't deal with single coils. I used to have a MIM Tele and even though I swapped the pickups for Hot Rails I still couldn't gel with it, though it was an amazing guitar. I could never find the difference between an MIM and an MIA/MIJ, so I'd say the MIM is a good deal if you wanted one.

:

<cough> Blacktop. <cough>
Not overrated. Hendrix, Eric Johnson, SRV, Clapton and many other great guitarists play/played Strats. While they're probably one of the most copied and recognizable guitars ever, they're still great guitars. Used to be like you until I went to Guitar Center and played four (two MIM and two MIUSA) of them, they're pretty great.But wanna hear my honest opinion? I'd rather have a Tele
Quote by Jeffh40
<cough> Blacktop. <cough>

I WANT A BLACKTOP JAG SO BAD. The jaguar to me is just so much cooler looking than a Strat or Tele. Fender neck profile + HH config + cool Jag look = GAS
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by Zhaezzy
Strats are nice I do agree that you see them too much and they seem played out but a nice strat is a nice guitar no question. Try a Gretsch they are great too. Bought one and took a chance best sounding guitar I have. I am not in their demographic either i play vintage progressive rock (think Yes and Floyd) and even a bit of shred.

So if you get a strat get a purple one or a poka dot one to be different.

This is a purple guitar.
Looks like a Strat.
Sounds like a Strat.

But it's a Carvin.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231358065684?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This G&L Tribute might also wag your tail:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261304511189?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Oct 26, 2014,
Quote by TheStig1214
I'd love a strat but I can't deal with single coils.

Fender USA Deluxe thats why I got one.
strats??? real men play teles.

i have three teles.
i have one strat.

they all have their different usages.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Angus_Junior35
I've always been kind of against Strats because I thought they were incredibly overrated, super played out, and just generally kind of blah looking.

FTFY.

Quote by Angus_Junior35
I was jamming with a friend on a shitty eBay travel guitar I had in the storage area we were playing in and he called his friend with the Strat and had him come over. It was probably the best playing guitar I've ever had the pleasure to pick at. I now realize the hype had to come from somewhere and the solid reputation didn't appear by a bunch of liars and I'm humbled.

Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
It's cool you've now found a fondness for a Strat! I love a Tele and a Strat. Was often keen on a Strat over the Tele due to the curves and the belly cut made it comfortable to play so I was interested when Fender brought out the new Tele line with that belly cut last year (or was it the year before?!).
Quote by Angus_Junior35
I've always been kind of against Strats because they're incredibly overrated, super played out, and just generally kind of blah looking.

see how they sound before judging cause it sounds like you care more about how sparkly they are
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Gregger74
It's cool you've now found a fondness for a Strat! I love a Tele and a Strat. Was often keen on a Strat over the Tele due to the curves and the belly cut made it comfortable to play so I was interested when Fender brought out the new Tele line with that belly cut last year (or was it the year before?!).

i don't like the belly cut. i have one on my Fender Amercian plus v2 tele. doesn't feel as raw as it is.

but both are good things to have around.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
I've been a Strat player from the start and I will say that a good bit of them I pick up sometimes aren't spectacular....but for every one of those there is a reissue model or one with a certain type of voiced pickup or something unique that really defines why the Strat has stood the test of time and why people love it. My "Mayer modded" 50's roadworn will be my favorite guitar until I die.
love my strats. as for real men playing teles well that is only because they don't have a strat and had to make do. LOL
I have a USA strat, but prefer my prestige in every way except the clean tone.
Quote by monwobobbo
love my strats. as for real men playing teles well that is only because they don't have a strat and had to make do. LOL

i have a strat too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
MIM Strats are really one of the best bang for your buck deals out there, especially in the used market. You can find a solid guitar for a fair price that can be easily modified to fit your tastes and can be incredibly versatile. I play my American and my MIM about an equal amount.

The Stratocaster changed me for the better as a guitarist.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Yeah, TS, you don't happen to like a guitar so it must be a bad guitar.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Of all the guitars I have ever owned Strats were for me the most inconsistant guitars but I don't mean that in a bad way. When I bought my first Strat I played seven or eight Strats that the store had on hand. Maybe it was just me, the alignment of the planets that day or whatever but they all sounded a little bit different. I can understand why people who like Strats have several and not just because of color and finish. They often just have a unique and subtle difference between them. My problem is the single coil hum that is really bad in some places I play. I just can't get past that hum. For recording clean rhythum I love a Strat with a little chorus like Andy Summers. (I know, I know, he played a Tele with a humbucker in the neck position)
Quote by Tempoe
I have a USA strat, but prefer my prestige in every way except the clean tone.
I love the strat I have a Hss strat and I have to say I love the feel of the neck It is a great guitar but I am not over excited about the pick ups in it . My next guitar will be a Ibanez prestige which i have always wanted .
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i have a strat too.

so you qualify as a "real man" . nothing against teles just had to break your balls some.