Page 1 of 2
Let's say you live in a big city, it's overrun with crime, and there's corruption in every political station. You are a multi-billionaire, with excellent physical training.

Would you become Batman?

By Batman I mean a vigilante. Batman has a no-murder rule. You don't. You can kill people, and you would feel justified doing it.

The reason I ask is because of the moral implications. By become a vigilante with your funds you have the ability to lay the smackdown on crime. You can weed out the corruption. You can be the bringer of justice. But there's moral implications in that. Would you feel comfortable with killing people, if they deserved it? Would you feel comfortable doing it knowing that you might be wrong sometimes? Would you be comfortable sacrificing your own moral system in order to save the city's?

discuss
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
it also means you'd live a lonely life because you'd never be able ot get close to someone as there would be the chance of them jeopardising your double life.

I don't think I'd be able to. As cool as batman is, I just couldn't be him.
it's all coming back

I was gonna say yes till you said lonely life. Now it's a no cause I'm not giving up my boo.
STಠ_ಠ
No I'd be someone better like iron man
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Not like Batman, no. Batmans a lunatic with a god complex and a black and white view of morality. I'd rather be Oliver Queen, since he's mostly anti-capitalist/anti-corruption/ect rather than real crime fighting. Especially since most criminals stem from a shit government. Just look at Chicago.
¯\_()_/¯
Spiderman for me because i can haz shot web
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
that's because you're drunk
it's all coming back

I'd use my multi-billion money to tackle the problem differently.

I'd hire top lawyers and top detectives from other places in the world to bring down those corrupt mafia leaders.
Do those corrupt mafia leaders try to "buy out" my guys to not bother them? No worries, I have more money and will pay them even more
Do those corrupt mafia leaders try to murder them instead? No worries, I'll pay a super team of bodyguards to keep them safe at all times. Not only that, I could even give these bat-suits and gadgets (that I would supposedly use for myself) to them to use at all times to be kept safe (like that super-light-and-flexible kevlar armor).
I'll also give all the remaining money I have to the Gotham police to improve their management, surveillance, and general impact in the city streets. Might as well run for Mayor myself, to have even more power to stop those criminal thugs and give solace to the citizens so there is less chaos going around.

I mean, I'm a super billionaire with the biggest company in the whole city. I have the power, not those low-life burglars and shit. I could squirm Falcone under my shoe, while ****ing Maroni in the ass. Why the **** would I need to spend countless hours just to fuel some sick fetish with bats and play around buildings and whatever? I'll just say in my mansion chill as **** and throw money at the problem until it's solved.

At the end, if all else fails, I'll just hire those Niam Neeson shadow guys to murder all those criminals themselves. Why do it myself if there are better (and more numerous) assassins out there?
Nah, I'd be bearman.

Basically I'd build me a wooden cabin in the woods and stock it with a lifetime supply of Fuller's Organic Honey Brew and mead. Then I'd just spend my days sipping said drinks on my porch not giving a fvck about the mess y'all made for yourselves.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Nah, I'd be bearman.

Basically I'd build me a wooden cabin in the woods and stock it with a lifetime supply of Fuller's Organic Honey Brew and mead. Then I'd just spend my days sipping said drinks on my porch not giving a fvck about the mess y'all made for yourselves.
nice
you guys are missing the point but it's ok cause bearman
it's all coming back

Would the force from Superman's ejaculate be strong enough to kill someone?
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Did anyone ever play the game Evil Genius? Where you set up a lab on a deserted island and develop tech and have minions and do evil shit?

I'd be like that. But like batman. But with minions. And death rays
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
Batman with a katana and a Batpup Assault Rifle. Throw miniguns on the Batmobile.
Railgun in the batkitchen.

Cocaine and Batgirl errday
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Shredwizard445 at Oct 26, 2014,
No, I'd move house to somewhere less shit.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Being Bruce Wayne would be sweet, being batman would suck.

Batman has an entire setup of people helping him, he's not really on his own. Without them he would die / be arrested pretty quick.
Manchester United
Quote by Baby Joel
Let's say you live in a big city, it's overrun with crime, and there's corruption in every political station. You are a multi-billionaire, with excellent physical training.

Would you become Batman?

By Batman I mean a vigilante. Batman has a no-murder rule. You don't. You can kill people, and you would feel justified doing it.

The reason I ask is because of the moral implications. By become a vigilante with your funds you have the ability to lay the smackdown on crime. You can weed out the corruption. You can be the bringer of justice. But there's moral implications in that. Would you feel comfortable with killing people, if they deserved it? Would you feel comfortable doing it knowing that you might be wrong sometimes? Would you be comfortable sacrificing your own moral system in order to save the city's?

discuss

No.
I'd build a high-tech suit of armor and become Iron Man.
Batman is an emo pu$$y.

Yes, I'd be perfectly fine with killing people who deserve it.

Yes, I'd feel comfortable doing it because innocent people's quality of life would improve dramatically. Their lives would be safer, the earnings and possessions they worked for wouldn't be stolen by a scumbag, the city economy would grow if the streets were safe at all hours... The benefits are countless.

All that would work accordingly to my moral system, so I wouldn't have to sacrifice it.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Oct 26, 2014,
Quote by Baby Joel
Would you feel comfortable with killing people, if they deserved it?
No, that's dumb.

I probably wouldn't be batman anyways though. If I'm a millionaire, I'll just move somewhere better. Selfish? Maybe. But I'm not obligated to be a hero anyways so. And it would be dangerous.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Oct 26, 2014,
Quote by Linkerman
Yes, I'd be perfectly fine with killing people who deserve it.

I'd personally bet that you wouldn't be because I'm presuming that you're a decent human being. It may not consume you but it would almost definitely change you for the worst. It's the violence for the sake of entertainment we were talking about in the other thread that gives off the impression that killing is easy as long as the person on the other end of the gun is a 'bad guy'.

Also, I highly recommend reading Crime and Punishment if you haven't already.

Also, also, I recommend visiting me at my log cabin for some delicious mead. Bringing weed/kartom infused honey is encouraged, but not necessary. I will provide the honeys wearing nothing but fur vests and bear slippers.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Oct 26, 2014,
use my immense capital to persecute crime caused by that very inequality of means? sounds like an american wet dream, count me out.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Nah no way. I mean, I'd spend the money on a batsuit and stuff, but I won't be beating up lower class drug dealers. Crime flows from the top to the bottom of the wealth river. I'd be more like arrow. Target the source, not the symptom. Since punching money is arbitrary I'd just steal it from upper class criminals. It's still just as fascist as the "real" Batman, but at least then I wouldn't be off the hook.

I'd also be very preachy and my batsuit would be pink with 200% more nipple action.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Oct 26, 2014,
i'd be Rorschach.

without the crazy ultra Republican/Conservative crap.

or Jacket.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Mmm yeah prolly.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Baby Joel

Would you become Batman?

discuss

Using my Batman detective skills, you've said that we'd feel justified doing it, and then asked us if we'd be comfortable with it. If you feel justified, then your morals are in check.

You're a shit Riddler.
Quote by Baby Joel
it also means you'd live a lonely life because you'd never be able ot get close to someone as there would be the chance of them jeopardising your double life.

I don't think I'd be able to. As cool as batman is, I just couldn't be him.

Batman isn't lonely though. He has Nightwing(Dick Grayson), Robin(Damien Wayne), The red hood (Jason Todd), Batgirl, Superman, the huntress, catwoman, etc etc.

Dude is surrounded by an entire family of superheroes.

At least until new 52 and death of the family series. Which was amazing. (and no one died)
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Didn't Jason Todd die? And Batgirl was paralyzed. Damien Wayne was killed by someone his own mother sent after him? Catwoman had to put her own daughter up for adoption. Superman is in an adaptation directed by Zack Snyder and no one even knows the Huntress ever ****ing existed.

Sounds like Bats could use a little loneliness.
Page 1 of 2