Picked this cab up this week and I am very pleased with it. It had some cosmetic tears in it, but the seller gave me a good deal on it. I know it is an incredibly popular cab and comes highly recommended, but I figured that I was all set since my other cab is a Carvin Legacy 4x12 with vintage 30s also.

Maybe it is the oversized dimensions of the mesa, the slightly different variation of v30s, and/or the rear loaded design, but these two cabs sound pretty different and it is immediately noticable (both sound good btw, but I now prefer the Mesa). The mesa sounds much deeper and darker than the Carvin and really pushes bass well. I noticed I could run my presence on the engl much higher on the mesa (up to 2:30 without it sounding fizzy or harsh). The carvin sounds more in your face but is not as thick sounding. It seemed like the powerball paired with the mesa was an instant Killswitch Engage tone, though Idk if anybody will agree with me on that.

I did a quick playthrough with the mesa, just to see if it records well. I havent tried it in a mix yet, but i havent had issues with my carvin so i expect it should deliver. Dont mind my playing! Hopefully you enjoy the cab sound. I tried to use all different channels, pickups, and some different guitar volume knob positions.

Engl Powerball + Mesa 4x12 Playthrough: http://youtu.be/pJz5Ie9WAa4
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

^ :drool:

^^ :drool: :drool: :drool:

I have a Harley Benton and I love its characteristics

Anyway, happy NAD man, have fun with it!
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
you know what they call a guy that can pick up 4x12 cab ????..... answer is... Sir

nice score !!
excellent nice clip too

I think mesa v30s are different from regular V30s too, so that might also affect the tone a bit
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?