Hello,

I've been messing around on Pedalboard Planner for a couple of hours and while I'm all set on my my signal chain order, I'm having trouble finding a physical layout that goes well with it.

Guitar----Boss TU-3----Wampler Ego Compressor----Fulltone Fulldrive 2----Morley Optical Volume----Amp---Effects Loop Send(TC Nova Modulator)----(TC Flashback X4 Delay) Return.

I'm running a Pedaltrain PT-2. How would you do it?
I'd do the Compressor right after the OD and the volume right after the TU3. Also worth noting that if you want pure volume swells the volume pedal should be in the FX loop but gain+volume swells (as if you were using the volume knob on the guitar) then it should be in front of the amp. I actually like it in the FX loop but that's up to you.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
If you want to drill into your pedal board, you can do what I did and insert 1/4 jacks into the pedal board so you can place the pedals anywhere on the board and just run the patch cables based on the effect order you want. That way you don't have to have a certain pedal "here" so it be easier to plug your guitar up, etc. This was a fun project actually.

Last edited by deadmanwalkin00 at Oct 27, 2014,
If you want to drill into your pedal board, you can do what I did and insert 1/4 jacks into the pedal board so you can place the pedals anywhere on the board and just run the patch cables based on the effect order you want

That is actually a really good idea. Thanks for the tip!
Quote by deadmanwalkin00
If you want to drill into your pedal board, you can do what I did and insert 1/4 jacks into the pedal board so you can place the pedals anywhere on the board and just run the patch cables based on the effect order you want. That way you don't have to have a certain pedal "here" so it be easier to plug your guitar up, etc. This was a fun project actually.

Sorry to get side tracked, but what type of jacks did you use? Are they female to female or what exactly did you do? I've been wanting to build a pedalboard and have been trying to figure out how to do exactly what you have done here
Guitars:
PRS SE Custom 24
Partscaster
MIM Tele
Gear:
Em Drive Clone (w/ Klon buffer) > Paramount Clone > OCD > Westminster Effects Knox 800 > ISP Decimator > m5 > Nova Repeater > Trinity T2 > W.E. Sturgeon Reverb > AC15C1
Quote by Sox0690
Sorry to get side tracked, but what type of jacks did you use? Are they female to female or what exactly did you do? I've been wanting to build a pedalboard and have been trying to figure out how to do exactly what you have done here

Anytime! I seen pictures of people doing that so I wanted to give it a try. They are female to female solderless locking 1/4" jacks. I used the Redco PM-TRS/TRS.

They fit in a 7/8" hole. I basically drilled a 7/8" hole into the PT-2 and I used self tap metal screws to hold the Redco jacks in place. If you use the PT-2 (not sure about the other PT models), be careful though since it has a cross bar in the middle (don't know the proper name) of the beam. They have versions of those jacks where you can do soldering yourself if you want to go that route.

Here's the link to get those jacks.

http://www.redco.com/Redco-PM-TRS-TRS.html

and for the rubber gaskets

http://www.redco.com/Neutrik-SCDP.html
Last edited by deadmanwalkin00 at Oct 28, 2014,
Such a great idea. I mangled my PT Mini just trying to drill/fit a power supply so I'll give it a miss. But yeah, solves some issues.