Hello experts on those string instruments...

I have a borrowed Condor Stratocaster and a D'addario XL (USA made) Nickel Wound string set, with one free 1st string 9/42. And there are some numbers too: 9 - 11 - 16 - 24 - 32 - 42 but I don't know what they mean...

My high E string (the tightest one) is just TOO TIGHT and I can't make a full or 3/2 step bend that I need to do on Shine on you Crazy Diamond, but I find it very difficult because it gives me chills that it's just going to break! All I do is a 1/2 step bend... Yes, I can play guitar, I'm not a 100% newbie on that thing.

What should I do?
The numbers are the gauge of each string.

They supposed to be tight. How do you bend? Try using finger 3, with the help of fingers 2 and 1 behind it.

You can check if the string it's in the proper peg. If it's tuned in the right octave (altough I think it will be, if it's higher it will snap)
Firstly, those numbers refer to the string gauge (how thick the string is). 9=.009 inches. 11=.011 inches and so on.

First, I'd double check that you didn't put the 11 as the high e by accident and/or that it isn't tuned to high. That would definitely make it more difficult.

Other than that your bending technique may be to blame. I was taught a proper bend is done with the ring finger, the middle and index sort of "supporting it". Then you push up with all three fingers.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Yeah, I do bend with my 1st and 2nd fingers to support the string while bending. I know how to bend -- like the 13th fret 2 and 1/2 bend on the "Another brick in the wall pt 2" solo...

I think the problem might have been the way I had put the string on the tuning peg -- if I had let too many string or too few string to tune. -- or maybe if I had but the right string, maybe I had put the 2nd string on the E and the 1st on the B because the B string is popping on the 1st fret when I let it play open...

Thanks for the support guys, and one more question:

Does it matter how much string I let on the tuning peg even though the tension needed to acquire certain note is the same?

Good night.
I have always make three laps on the peg per string (except 6th and maybe 5th that I just made two) and then cut the rest of the string. Never have a problem.
Only 2 things really contribute to string tension, the gauge of the string and your scale length. Perhaps if the strat you borrowed is a longer scale length than your usual guitar then that may make it harder, but I still fail to see how you'd have an issue in all reality if that were the case.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by SrThompson
I have always make three laps on the peg per string (except 6th and maybe 5th that I just made two) and then cut the rest of the string. Never have a problem.

Should I buy a new string kit but with lower tension?
Find a guitar shop that has an accurate electronic calipers, and make SURE that you didn't put the wrong gauge string in that position (it's been done, but NEVER by me, of course...*ahem*).

Then have the shop check the tuning -- sometimes folks manage to tune their high E a full octave too high. When you play an E (fifth fret on the second string), it should match the open E on the 1st string. It should NOT sound an octave lower than the high E.
D'Addario colour codes the ball-ends of their strings. The colour coding goes like this:

High E - Silver
B - Purple
G - Green
D - Black
A - Red
Low E - Brass

Just make sure that the ball ends of your strings match and you can rule out having the wrong string in the wrong place.
Quote by darrenram1
D'Addario colour codes the ball-ends of their strings. The colour coding goes like this:

High E - Silver
B - Purple
G - Green
D - Black
A - Red
Low E - Brass

Just make sure that the ball ends of your strings match and you can rule out having the wrong string in the wrong place.

For some strange reason, my high E string is brass... Is that because it came from the extra E string pack?
Quote by BorrowedStrat
For some strange reason, my high E string is brass... Is that because it came from the extra E string pack?

that is possible. I don't think they do the same color coding on individually packaged strings. Because it's definitely not the low E string that you have in the high E place. Right......?
Quote by the_bi99man
that is possible. I don't think they do the same color coding on individually packaged strings. Because it's definitely not the low E string that you have in the high E place. Right......?

Imagine a low E in place oh a high E, would it even make it before snapping
Ha ha true! I think I'm just too picky with the sound. I saw a tutorial on Shine on you crazy diamond and the bend of the guitar of the guy went from the E position to D position (in height scale) and I was like whaaaaat?

Don't worry, I can make a full step bend but it always makes me nervous if it's going to break. But I have an extra E string on my pocket ;-)