I've been looking at a Gibson Les Paul Classic Custom but I'm honestly confused on exactly what I would be getting. Is it a Custom Shop?? or more like a Standard series? Also what would the estimated value be on a 2012 gold top in almost mint condition?
A Classic Custom is more like a Standard with fancier trim. They aren't custom shop. They usually go in the$1500 - $2000 range.
It's a Gibson USA model, not a custom. Nice guitar nonetheless.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Is it the model with the baked maple fretboard? I remember those were priced just above the Les Paul Studio, and well under the Traditional and Standard. It was a Gibson USA model with the look of a Custom, minus the gold hardware and ebony fretboard.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by HomerSGR
Is it the model with the baked maple fretboard? I remember those were priced just above the Les Paul Studio, and well under the Traditional and Standard. It was a Gibson USA model with the look of a Custom, minus the gold hardware and ebony fretboard.

Right. No MOP inlays, either -- if it's older than this year, it has plastic inlays, too.
Owners of "real" Customs went ballistic when Gibson trotted this thing out, claiming that it devalued the whole "Custom" thing.
Lol so what your saying is dont pay 1700 for it lol and just stay away lol