Hey guys! Iwill soon be the owner of a Boss DM2 and I just need to know a few things.

First I've heard the pedal uses a lot of juice. What kind of power supply will I need?

Also what are the going rate for these? I'm getting it free and Ive heard they might be worth some money.

And I guess finally I've never owned a vintage pedal, what can and should I do to avoid messing it up?

I appreciate all replys so thanks in advance UG!
don't plug the wrong adaptor voltage/polarity into it. that's the main thing.

http://stinkfoot.se/archives/867

according to that it only pulls 12mA (I didn't think it'd be that much, being analogue), but it uses the ACA 12V adaptor, not one of the usual 9V ones. So that'd be something to bear in mind.

(don't quote me on any of that, I've never used any vintage boss pedals either. Best wait for someone who knows for sure who can confirm what I've said, or tell me I'm an idiot )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You can run ACA Boss pedals with a 9V daisy chain (basically as long as it's not a single isolated power source). There needs to be at least one other pedal daisy chained to it for this to work. Otherwise, run it with a 12V adapter like it says you should.

I've owned a few black label Boss pedals. Currently just the HM-2 though. I think.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by nickdohle
I appreciate the honesty. I'd hate to ruin such an expensive pedal

no worries. I hate when people pretend they have more experience than they actually do. Most of my knowledge (what little I have ) is often theoretical (at best).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?