Hello there!

So I have been looking at buying a new guitar and I was hoping if anyone can give an opinion on this guitar. The only reviews I can find are videos of middle aged people shedding with a really saturated and heavily distorted metal tone.

Hopefully there's someone who owns this guitar and can give me their honest opinion and if it's worth the money or if there is better guitars out there worth roughly the same amount.
If it's anything like the RRTMG that I had, avoid at all costs. Apparently the QC isn't that great on the new pro line, but I think that one is made in Mexico, so it's probably better.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
They look amazing, but try before you buy if possible. There are people who have had QC glitches with them, while other people have had no problems at all.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
They certainly look awesome. I would trust Fender Mexico, haven't tried a single bad guitar from that place - and that includes countless of Strats and Teles and a Charvel. I have seen very few examples of actual problems with guitars from that factory, and then it was only bad soldering.

As long as it is a bolt-on Pro Series, it is made in Mexico. The neckthrough versions are made in Indonesia, I think.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Yeah, that's right. The bolt-ons are from FMIC Mexico and the neckthroughs are Indonesian.

I've been very tempted by the new dinkies, and I saw a couple in a store at the weekend. They looked great in person, and I couldn't see anything wrong other than the usual store setup issues. I didn't let myself play them though, I figured if they played as good as they looked I'd have ended up buying, and I wasn't looking to buy. I'm not playing enough at the moment to justify a new guitar to myself.

Anyway, if they play like the Japanese models before them (which I have two of) they'll be solid, versatile guitars. They handle those distorted metal tones well, but they also clean up really nicely. I'm particularly fond of the middle position on my DK2Ms with cleans. I love the Jackson compound radius - and these have got the full 12"-16", unlike the Japanese models which had 14"-16". Is there anywhere you can go to try one? Any of the current Mexican dinkies would do to see if you liked the range.
Loved the one I tried, a simple pickup and tremolo swap and you got yourself a very fine guitar. The neck on it was just out of this world yummy. Go for it!
Quote by JGM258
Loved the one I tried, a simple pickup and tremolo swap and you got yourself a very fine guitar. The neck on it was just out of this world yummy. Go for it!

Wait, what? The pickups are Seymour Duncan JB and '59, and the DK2MQHT is a hardtail.

And to be honest, the trem versions in the Pro Series have Floyd Rose 1000-series, which is a fine trem.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Last edited by HomerSGR at Oct 28, 2014,
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
I love the Jackson compound radius - and these have got the full 12"-16", unlike the Japanese models which had 14"-16".

Didn't the later MIJ ones have the full 12-16"? I'm sure (or at least, "I think" ) I saw it in the specs of the MIJ ones shortly before they were discontinued, but I never measured them or anything.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Didn't the later MIJ ones have the full 12-16"? I'm sure (or at least, "I think" ) I saw it in the specs of the MIJ ones shortly before they were discontinued, but I never measured them or anything.

My RR5 certainly had 12-16'' in the specifications, and I haven't seen anything else on other models.
Quote by HomerSGR
Wait, what? The pickups are Seymour Duncan JB and '59, and the DK2MQHT is a hardtail.

And to be honest, the trem versions in the Pro Series have Floyd Rose 1000-series, which is a fine trem.

Brain fart, I was refering to the slx soloist x series.
Quote by HomerSGR
My RR5 certainly had 12-16'' in the specifications, and I haven't seen anything else on other models.

I remember seeing the 14-16" thing on the MIJs a fair while back, it's not that CaC is making it up or anything, but yeah I think at some point (maybe the 2006 change to "real" duncan and EMG pickups? Not certain) they changed to the full-on 12-16" on the MIJs. Don't quote me on that, though.
Hmm, to be honest I'm not sure about the whole range. If I had to guess I'd say maybe the neckthroughs had 12-16" but I'm pretty certain the dinkies were 14-16". I think the same went for the rest of the bolt ons. Maybe they changed them late in the run, but they were definitely 14-16 around 2008 when I was shopping for my (first) DK2M.

A little off topic, perhaps!
I thought I saw it on the bolt-ons too eventually, but I could be wrong.