Hi UG,

I recently purchased a Laney Ironheart 60w Head for my rig.

i run a 2x12 cab with an eminence wizard and a swamp thang.

The ironheart isnt working out for the sound I want at all. It doesnt have the balls i need and i plan to return it to AMS.

Basically i like bands like stick to your guns, the ghost inside, etc. I want a tone like Vanna's Void album.

My price gap is around 800 USD. Im strung between the Blackstar HT100. and the Randall Diavlo RD100.

Thanks in advance,

~Shpunt
krank? just a wild shot. Rev+ could be good.

obviously a 6505+ would be good.

if you don't need cleans you could get a Fryette Delivereance single channel. heavy as ****.

even a XXX/JSX wouldn't do you wrong.

you can get a mesa rec for that. i do not recommend the three channels.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Cleans are pretty important. Im trying to stray away from the 5150/6505. and Im financing it from AMS otherwise id kill for the 5150 III
Whatever AMS means, you can find a used 5150 III for $800 AFAIK.
Even the 50w one works.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I do believe they have the 5150 III, if not then check out zzounds, last time I checked they had it and they do the finance option as well.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Will the 5150III really handle what I need to to do? especially stage volume. ( we play with 3 guitarists) Unmic'd we've been at venues with 200 people or more.
Ive never played the ironheart, but im surprised its not ballsy enough for you from what ive seen and read about it. Have you tried running a tubescreamer in front of it and using some more mids? Is your cab closed back?
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Quote by Watterboy
Ive never played the ironheart, but im surprised its not ballsy enough for you from what ive seen and read about it. Have you tried running a tubescreamer in front of it and using some more mids? Is your cab closed back?

+1

Killswitch Engage toured with that amp live and they had tons of punch and balls

TS - there is a guide (Post #2) in the Rules and Resources Sticky you can follow
ironheart not "ballsy" enough for those bands? hard to believe. Though the ht100 is a badass amp, Id suggest you go for an american voiced amp for these bands. AMS has a regular 6505 for $800. Its used though. difference between this 6506 and the 6505+ is mainly just that the + has a dedicated eq for each channel instead of just 1. its loud enough for anything, and its definitely ballsy.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Yeah , the IRT has no guts for what i'm looking for. I used everything from a ts9 to a bulb OD. that i'd use in my normal rig. it was a bit harsh for me

I'm looking at possibly just getting the 5150 III mini or the Blackstar.
Quote by TLAW_Shpunt
Will the 5150III really handle what I need to to do? especially stage volume. ( we play with 3 guitarists) Unmic'd we've been at venues with 200 people or more.
If you ask me, no amp will sound good in that setting and you should use a PA with every amp when you gig.

That said, if you can't get a PA, the 100w one will be better but the 50w one will not work much worse than the big one.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Figures, Only reason is that my other guitarist just got one. it seems damn mpre than loud enough at about 3-4.

also its 770 , and the blackstar is 800. the randall has no info on it and theres no stores around i can try it at so its out of the question. Not making anymore blind purchases.
Update : Brought my Cab , guitar and pedalboard to guitarcenter.

Plugged into the EVH 5150 III

It blew my nads off. As soon as I get out of the theoretical infirmary, i'm purchasing it.

Thanks folks.
do they make anything stock with more than two balls?
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae