Page 1 of 2
my mixed race [my dad is white] [my mom is hispanic]
my mom and me are the only hispanics that i know that like rock music
[grunge glam industrail alt rock] but every other hispanic i know
listens to that awful reggeton rap and hispanic music
why
Because you and your mom are weird.

Seriously, your mom is super freaky in a "I can't believe she let me put it in there" kind of way.

Tell her I said hi, btw.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Rock music sucks listen to Ariana Grande

what is up this fourm i posted a serious post about rock music
i get these dumb shit answers no wonder is going to hell
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Because you and your mom are weird.

Seriously, your mom is super freaky in a "I can't believe she let me put it in there" kind of way.

Tell her I said hi, btw.

you don't even know what my mom looks like
are saying just because she likes white guys she weird
Because they're too busy trying to decide on hard or soft tacos.....

Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by harrytruman
you don't even know what my mom looks like
are saying just because she likes white guys she weird

Well, there were a lot of other guys there.
I wouldn't recognise her face, because there was always some other guy's butt in the way.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by harrytruman
what is up this fourm i posted a serious post about rock music
i get these dumb shit answers no wonder is going to hell

1989 by Taylor Swift is album of the year suck on that

\m/
Because fried chicken.

Trolololol (I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally)
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Metal just isn't a thing in most Hispanic countries. It's so underground. My parents are from El Salvador and the few metal bands that are going around are few to none. Not to mention most still see it as demonic due to the high religious presence in those countries.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
1989 by Taylor Swift is album of the year suck on that

\m/
Except this is actually true.

I know OP's just being a wanker, but I swear metal bands get insane audiences in Latin America anyway?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Oct 28, 2014,
Quote by Schecter_6661
Metal just isn't a thing in most Hispanic countries. It's so underground. My parents are from El Salvador and the few metal bands that are going around are few to none. Not to mention most still see it as demonic due to the high religious presence in those countries.

Uhh, nope.

Also, high religious presence? Metal being perceived as demonic? Surely you aren't talking about the US right?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Fun fact: In Finland, literally every single person (there are about 20) is in a metal band from birth.
Hey so, certified Hispanic, reporting in.
I mostly listen to post-hardcore, for whatever that's worth.

Quote by harrytruman
what is up this fourm i posted a serious post about rock music *and
i
get these dumb shit answers. no wonder is going to hell*.
Learn proper grammar, you filthy beaner.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
My girlfriend's mexican and we listen to 60s psychadelic rock and acid jazz together all the time. Does that count?
I think a lot of them do. KISS has played to 100,000+ crowds in South America. So has Rush. The Ramones played to huge crowds down there as well (apprx 40,000) The Hives played big crowds as well (don't have a number for them.)
Where I live is Spanish speaking black people. (Dom Rep) They don't listen to anything but absolute crap spanish stuff, way worse than the standard spanish stuff. The kids love the same songs as their parents, never known that before, and they like to crank it up all day with their terrible car stereos. I honestly feel sorry for them and it's one of the things I hate about this place.
my uncle is really into classic rock and he is extremely mexican

a few of my uncles actually hmm
Last edited by Weaponized at Oct 28, 2014,
that sounds awfully presumptuous im sure many do?
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Fun fact: In Finland, literally every single person (there are about 20) is in a metal band from birth.

no wonder that place sucks

smarten up ya goofs

Ye Scandinavians might have gr8 progressive societies but at the cost of lame public music tastes
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Anecdotally, most of my friends have been Hispanic and they listened to a variety of genres (hip hop and rock being the two most common, but also pop, corny 'edm', norteno, etc.). I'm sure if there are actual statistics you'd have a really diverse selection of popular genres.

Reggaeton can be fun and catchy. I'd take it over the number one 'white American' genre (country) any day.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Oct 28, 2014,
Quote by VillainousLatin
Fuuuuuuck no man. Reggaeton is shit, end of story.

Typically yes but it's still better than modern radio-country.

You know I'm right.

Actually the worst reggaeton is probably just as bad, at least with the corniness factor. You might be right, but personally I still think at its core it's just more appealing than dull radio ballads that you can't even dance to about being a tr00 amurican.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Oct 28, 2014,
Quote by slipknot5678
Typically yes but it's still better than modern radio-country.

You know I'm right.

Actually the worst reggaeton is probably just as bad, at least with the corniness factor. You might be right, but personally I still think at its core it's just more appealing than dull radio ballads that you can't even dance to about being a tr00 amurican.

say what

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l12Csc_lW0Q
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
What? I know quite a few Hispanics who are into rock and metal. I played a show in Chicago where the crowd was made up of mostly Hispanics, and there were about 80 people there. And have you seen how well a lot of metal shows do in South America? Shit's ridiculous.
Quote by VillainousLatin
Fuuuuuuck no man. Reggaeton is shit, end of story.

Gasolina's a classic of profound philosophical depth.

Does she really gusta la gasolina? Do any of us?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by mjones1992
My girlfriend's mexican and we listen to 60s psychadelic rock and acid jazz together all the time. Does that count?

Wow, your girlfriend has a slave? Not cool, man.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Some amazing bands that all have Hispanic members (usually the guitarists)

The Mars Volta
At the Drive In
Dance Gavin Dance
Stolas
Hail the Sun
Sianvar
The real answer's that rock music is obsolete and gross.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
My dad and grandparents were Mexican and liked rock music. I'm half Mexican and I like rock music. My cousin is Mexican and plays guitar in rock bands.

So yeah, **** you.
Page 1 of 2