Page 1 of 2
Captain America or Iron Man?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
They were both written to act like infantile children. The What If where they actually sat down to talk was the most realistic idea/decision.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
I haven't read Civil War for ages. Think I'll go and reread.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I've actually never read Civil War and don't even know what it's about.

But Tony is an immoral crackpot and therefore he was probably right.
I don't need your Civil War. It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
The Civil Wars are a band if you ask me.
And they were both wrong.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I don't read marvel super hero stuff and most of the "universe" work from both marvel and dc are pretty bad. art is usually bad and plays to every cringey cliché of comics (ie big muscles, round boobs, tiny waists,everywhere) with stupid poses and copypasta designs. lettering is now pretty much haphazard fonts rather than skilled typography.,colouring is poor quality gradients everywhere and in the rare cases of good colouring being done it gets washed out in poor quality mass print.

stories are increasingly absurd and rely on you having read most of everything in the series to fully appreciate it. character have lives that continuously get reset in big universe wide events that are forced out by the publisher to shake things up when everyone starts to tire of same old super-dude always saving the day. most stories despite being collected in occasional tbps are not capable of standing up on their own.

I can go on and on, but I decided not to buy civil war or in more recent times, any of the DC reboots in favour of spending more money on solid work from people like Image, titan, dark horse or 2000ad or getting stuff from independent and webcomic artists.

basically I think marvel and dc main stuff is for children.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I dont know I havent read the comics

I guess i'll just wait for cap3
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Last edited by cha33 armstrong at Oct 28, 2014,
Quote by theguitarist
I don't read marvel super hero stuff and most of the "universe" work from both marvel and dc are pretty bad. art is usually bad and plays to every cringey cliché of comics (ie big muscles, round boobs, tiny waists,everywhere) with stupid poses and copypasta designs. lettering is now pretty much haphazard fonts rather than skilled typography.,colouring is poor quality gradients everywhere and in the rare cases of good colouring being done it gets washed out in poor quality mass print.

stories are increasingly absurd and rely on you having read most of everything in the series to fully appreciate it. character have lives that continuously get reset in big universe wide events that are forced out by the publisher to shake things up when everyone starts to tire of same old super-dude always saving the day. most stories despite being collected in occasional tbps are not capable of standing up on their own.

I can go on and on, but I decided not to buy civil war or in more recent times, any of the DC reboots in favour of spending more money on solid work from people like Image, titan, dark horse or 2000ad or getting stuff from independent and webcomic artists.

basically I think marvel and dc main stuff is for children.

Letsbfriends
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
do you have loads of progs? cause then okay.

i am not rich enough yet to buy every single complete case files collection.

edit: also just saw brubaker was involved in Civil War so maybe it was actually okay. still doesn't stop my overall disdain for Marvel and DC's frontline stuff (they've put some sweet stuff out though from letting various established artists/writers do their own thing for the odd one shot or short series)
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I don't think the art of civil war is particularly good but the overall story brings up some interesting moral question.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
it's really messed up how marvel shoehorns all their series into one universe.

x-men at least, should be kept separate in another universe. kinda ruins the whole concept and issues you are looking at with a world full of mutants when you have otherwise-enhanced humans running around in the background.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I'm personally tired of government overreach when it comes to superheroes so I would side with Captain America.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I've actually never read Civil War and don't even know what it's about.

But Tony is an immoral crackpot and therefore he was probably right.

basically the government is like "WE DON'T TRUST YOU SUPERHERO PEEPS BECAUSE REASONS SO YOU SHOULD HAVE TO BE OUR PERSONAL POLICE FORCE OR WHATEVER LOL"
and tony is like "OKAY THATS COOL ITS NOT LIKE ITS INFRINGING ON OUR RIGHTS OR ANYTHING "
and then at first steve is like "okay what I don't really care"
but then they try to force him to register peter parker but cap wasn't into that because he didn't think a teenager like parker should have to be the goverments pawn and so he's like "**** it **** you tony this is bullshit i'm not subscribing to your fascist agenda and whoever does is probably a shithead"
this house is bitchin
Quote by theguitarist
it's really messed up how marvel shoehorns all their series into one universe.

x-men at least, should be kept separate in another universe. kinda ruins the whole concept and issues you are looking at with a world full of mutants when you have otherwise-enhanced humans running around in the background.

Yeah I definitely agree. The only universe that really got the X-Men and Avengers co-existing well was Ultimate in my opinion.

The Ultimates and F4 being present as minority (around 15 of them in total), government powered heroes, plus Spiderman being present as a lone freak kind of hero, with the mutants being the majority of metahumans and the main "issue" facing the world worked pretty well I think (until they ruined it).

However there's just way too many minor superheroes and characters in the mainstream Marvel universe for it to work.

Quote by willT08
tf is this nerd shit

i thought this would be another dumb truman thread

now i kinda wish it was tbh

Quote by willT08
tf is this nerd shit

Right? I was expecting some white power remarks when I clicked on this thread not some nerds jerking off to comics.
I'd go with Rogers because having your important details on a government system that's notoriously unstable and prone to hacking is a terrible idea. On face value. For the actual events in the comics idk

Quote by theguitarist
This is why GOTG, Deadpool (non-Daniel Way), etc are more suited to comics. They have no pretense. It's why the GOTG film worked so well: their attitude was "we've got a tree that can say three words and a wisecracking raccoon, **** it". That self awareness is what makes those sorts of characters more enjoyable. I'd disagree with your children conclusion but I have a feeling there's a degree of tongue in cheek about that. the series mixing can be iffy but there are some spectacular exceptions.

Independent comics are a good balance, though. People like Daniel Clowes are amazing.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Oct 28, 2014,
I'm pretty sure Harry Truman would say the confederates.

EDIT: Good men died fighting in Iraq just so you lot can read your silly comics.

That's what good ol' Harry would have said.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Oct 28, 2014,
Quote by Banjocal
I'd go with Rogers because having your important details on a government system that's notoriously unstable and prone to hacking is a terrible idea. On face value. For the actual events in the comics idk

This is why GOTG, Deadpool (non-Daniel Way), etc are more suited to comics. They have no pretense. It's why the GOTG film worked so well: their attitude was "we've got a tree that can say three words and a wisecracking raccoon, **** it". That self awareness is what makes those sorts of characters more enjoyable.

yeah pretty much all of the marvel stuff I've liked have been separate and have free range from the rest of marvel universe. only thing really involved I touch is punisher and he is like "gtfo" any time some random superhero turns up in his stories.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
yeah pretty much all of the marvel stuff I've liked have been separate and have free range from the rest of marvel universe. only thing really involved I touch is punisher and he is like "gtfo" any time some random superhero turns up in his stories.
well the punisher is only slightly more interesting than batman, though his run in Thunderbolts has been pretty good. In fact, that's a good example - Red Hulk, Deadpool, Elektra, Agent Venom and co join to correct their past mistakes. Really good character dynamics and it goes between serious and silly enough to be worth reading, as well as great artwork.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by slipknot5678
the south should have won because it wasn't about slavery it was about state rights!

states of all kind, be them federal or nation states are recent inventions that served their purpose but are doomed to die out. their rights are going to be eventually irrelevant.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by willT08
neeeeeeeeeeeerds

the nerds built you, robot.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by willT08
tf is this nerd shit

Yeah, right?

I was just going to confess my lifelong commitment to the Francoist movement.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Steve Rogers, all day every day. The superhero community absolutely should have taken some responsibility for their actions, but Tony's totalitarian 'our way or nothing' approach was not the way to go.
Quote by BelowTheSun
Tony's totalitarian 'our way or nothing' approach was not the way to go.
funny that it was Steve against it because that's p much America's foreign policy in a nutshell
Quote by EndTheRapture51

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN

rip dime

it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Banjocal
funny that it was Steve against it because that's p much America's foreign policy in a nutshell

Steve's all for freedom though, whatever the price. He's sort of the everyday American who has been imbued with amazing superpowers and is the moral centre of American values relating to freedom and liberty.

I think Tony Stark more represent corporate America and the people who would be willing to trade personal freedoms for more security, regardless of the consequences. Tony is a bit of a dickhead really but you can see his points. There's like a 99% reduction in crime during Civil War.

Steve is the one who eventually sacrifices his personal freedom to stop the fighting between the pro and anti registration superheroes.

Quote by Banjocal

That's why Steve resigned as Captain America for a while. He's all about freedom, not America.
Quote by willT08
criiiiiiiiiiinge

EDM sucks

Will and I have never been more on the same page.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Page 1 of 2