hello UG folks,
i plan on upgrading my dimarzio IBZ pickups on my rg920 to probably the crunchlab and liquifire set. but i am not sure about the coil splitting 5-way pickup selector, how will that work? can i coil split the crunchlab and liquifire in a similar 5-way manner as my RG920's IBZ pickups are set right now? Or do i have to replace the 5-way pickup selector into a 3-way switch? i want it to be coil split with the bridge pickup parallel connected in one of the 5 positions. am i looking at the wrong pickup set, is it possible with the crunchlab and liquifire? if not, what similar sounding pickups should i look into?
thanks in advance.

i love cheatcodes

I don't see why it shouldn't work. If the existing switch does it with your current pickups, it should work with the crunchlab and liquifire set, with the current switch (assuming you wire it correctly, of course). You just need to make sure to get the 4-conductor versions of the pickups.

You could also email dimarzio to be 100% sure, since they make both sets of pickups.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I swapped my RG920's pickups with Dimarzio X2N and Evo and wired them exactly as the stock pickups were with no problems at all.
Ibanez RG1570 (Tone Zone/Evo neck)
Ibanez RG920 (X2N/Evo neck)
Ibanez XPT700 (D-Activators)
Ibanez AR420
Ibanez GRG270 (heavily modded)
Dean Deceiver (EMG 81/85)
ESP LTD V-200 (Dimebucker/59)
ESP LTD H-1001
Fender Blacktop Strat (JB/Jazz)