What is some of your thoughts on Music Creator 6 Touch? It's on sale on steam. Also what version(Bundle) should I get if you recommend it.
I have Music Creator 6 Touch. I also have an older version of Sonor and have been a Cakewalk user since Cakewalk version 1 for Dos (with 5 1/4 floppy discs). My first version of Music Creator was version 4 and upgraded last year to version 6. I got the Steam upgrade to version 6 Touch because it was a $10.00 upgrade. I don't have a touch screen but there are supposed to be added features and for $10 bucks, why not. I think Music Creator is an excellent program. The included VST effects are very good. Make sure you have at least 4 gig of ram and good processing speed (a good fast dual processor or a quad). The worst part of Music Creator software is the documenation.
I usually use Music Creator to do my final mixing. It accepts and works very well with my T-Racks Deluxe VST mastering suite. I like to do basic tracks on my Tascam 2488 24 track workstation and import the final tracks to Music Creator for mixing. I like the fast and accesable hands on side of the Tascam and can work quickly on getting down basic tracks on it. Music Creator 6 is pretty good.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Oct 28, 2014,
Quote by Rickholly74
I have Music Creator 6 Touch. I also have an older version of Sonor and have been a Cakewalk user since Cakewalk version 1 for Dos (with 5 1/4 floppy discs). My first version of Music Creator was version 4 and upgraded last year to version 6. I got the Steam upgrade to version 6 Touch because it was a $10.00 upgrade. I don't have a touch screen but there are supposed to be added features and for $10 bucks, why not. I think Music Creator is an excellent program. The included VST effects are very good. Make sure you have at least 4 gig of ram and good processing speed (a good fast dual processor or a quad). The worst part of Music Creator software is the documenation.
I usually use Music Creator to do my final mixing. It accepts and works very well with my T-Racks Deluxe VST mastering suite. I like to do basic tracks on my Tascam 2488 24 track workstation and import the final tracks to Music Creator for mixing. I like the fast and accesable hands on side of the Tascam and can work quickly on getting down basic tracks on it. Music Creator 6 is pretty good.

If was to get Music Creator 6, what bundle should I get? You can see the bundle from here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/222710/

I am looking to be mainly recording guitars. I am looking to get a good metal tone to do some covers of Blessthefall, Asking Alexandria, Greenday, and etc.
I can't really comment on the bundles they are offering as I already have all the soft-synths and and instrument sounds that I needed and I use an Alesis an SR-16 drum machine for most drum that are not live. I have used this stuff for many years and it just works for me. Music Creator 6 comes with the Roland TT1 digital instrument package (this is the latest update of the much loved Roland Sound Canvas) and it has a lot of good usable midi sounds. Sorry I can't help on the other software being offered.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Oct 31, 2014,
It's just Sonar X3 with a few limitations that'd stop you doing any large/serious recording projects (maximum 2 inputs, 32 tracks, 8 buses). If you're never going to be recording more than 2 things at once, you're good. Limited to 48khz sample rate too but that's fine unless you're a mouse.

if there's ANY chance you're ever likely to want more than 2 simulaneous inputs, just play it safe and buy the more expensive Sonar X3, or something different like Reaper/Tracktion/Podium etc.

Also comes with fewer plugins and virtual instruments, though there's tons of freeware that beats the crap out of the stock Cakewalk stuff anyway.
I wouldn't bother with the bundles, frankly, none of the instruments sound particularly amazing compared to the free/cheap VSTs out there.

I managed to get Sonar X3 on Steam for about £25 actually (bit complex, involved buying a bunch of TF2 keys and trading with a guy, but it worked and is perfectly legal).
Last edited by kyle62 at Nov 10, 2014,