Page 1 of 2
There is no best. As a matter of fact, there aren't even any real personality types out there. All the studies that were the basis of those personality tests were done back in the 1930s and were highly subjective interpretations of psychology, which was widely regarded as a new science back then.

If you are looking for something fun to do, then take the "Myers Briggs Test" which is by far the most popular one. Honestly though, it holds no real meaning and is nothing more than an amusing toy.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Quote by DamienEx1021
There is no best. As a matter of fact, there aren't even any real personality types out there. All the studies that were the basis of those personality tests were done back in the 1930s and were highly subjective interpretations of psychology, which was widely regarded as a new science back then.

If you are looking for something fun to do, then take the "Myers Briggs Test" which is by far the most popular one. Honestly though, it holds no real meaning and is nothing more than an amusing toy.

well of course they all mean things lol

just because they aren't going to be 100% accurate (due to the inherent imperfections in something judging something so complex, your own false interpretations of yourself, them only judging certain aspects of personality etc) doesn't mean the results have no meaning. in fact pretty much all of the major ones generally do a great job at determining different aspects of people
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
well of course they all mean things lol

just because they aren't going to be 100% accurate (due to the inherent imperfections in something judging something so complex, your own false interpretations of yourself, them only judging certain aspects of personality etc) doesn't mean the results have no meaning. in fact pretty much all of the major ones generally do a great job at determining different aspects of people

Let me rephrase what I said...

There is no peer reviewed science, specifically in the field of psychology, supporting any of the big personality tests out there. All that those tests mean is that someone came up with a way to turn generic and remedial phrases into a seeming complex answer for each individual. Most people who read their answers will do so thinking that it really speaks to them and who they are as a person. The problem is all the answers are so relative, ambiguous, and generic that they could hold true for anyone.

If you honestly think you can sum up the worlds personality into 16 different types, then you are widely mistaken.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

myers-briggs is p obsolete, never really made an impact outside of personality testing, namely it had no real impact on cognitive psych where you would really expect it to belong

the big 5 + philip zimbardo's time perspectives is what its all about
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Myers Briggs is the dumbest shit but people never shut up about it and it needs to stop
"im an intj dont u no oh yes yes sir i have walter whites personality because im an intj yes"

forreal personality tests are as stringent as IQ tests
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by DamienEx1021
Let me rephrase what I said...

There is no peer reviewed science, specifically in the field of psychology, supporting any of the big personality tests out there. All that those tests mean is that someone came up with a way to turn generic and remedial phrases into a seeming complex answer for each individual. Most people who read their answers will do so thinking that it really speaks to them and who they are as a person. The problem is all the answers are so relative, ambiguous, and generic that they could hold true for anyone.

If you honestly think you can sum up the worlds personality into 16 different types, then you are widely mistaken.

lol duh but everyone already knows this
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
lol duh but everyone already knows this

they really dont
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
they really dont

i can see how you'd think that, but people who are really into it and mention it all the time i'm sure know all that stuff and are just having fun with it. and of course it can tell certain things about you based on how you at least think you'd respond to certain situations. people thinking they respond similarly or answer in similar ways are obviously going to be similar in some ways and i think that goes beyond silly tests in a sense and you can draw interesting links and conclusions about the interactions of different or similar types based on that and that stuff can just be fun to hear about. it's very rarely someone actually believing there are only 16 types and that's all there is in the world and you can tell everything from that. it's just fun and can get interesting.
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i can see how you'd think that, but people who are really into it and mention it all the time i'm sure know all that stuff and are just having fun with it. and of course it can tell certain things about you based on how you at least think you'd respond to certain situations. people thinking they respond similarly or answer in similar ways are obviously going to be similar in some ways and i think that goes beyond silly tests in a sense and you can draw interesting links and conclusions about the interactions of different or similar types based on that and that stuff can just be fun to hear about. it's very rarely someone actually believing there are only 16 types and that's all there is in the world and you can tell everything from that. it's just fun and can get interesting.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i can see how you'd think that, but people who are really into it and mention it all the time i'm sure know all that stuff and are just having fun with it.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
people who are really into it and mention it all the time
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
people who are really into it
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal

nah but really, not sure what you're trying to say with that. again, 99% is they're just having fun and to conclude "everyone is a mindless sheep that believes the tests to be actually psychic" is silly and unrealistic and angsty

it's the same with horoscopes
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
im sure there are correlations between the myers-briggs cog funcs and actual personality traits

Fe and agreeableness, Fi and conscientiousness perhaps, Ni with future time perspective, etc

having a cog psych approach to discussing personality is really interesting and ppl participate in folk science all the time dont need to get ur jimmies rustled
horoscopes? c'mon sacamano
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

nah but really, not sure what you're trying to say with that. again, 99% is they're just having fun and to conclude "everyone is a mindless sheep that believes the tests to be actually psychic" is silly and unrealistic and angsty

I never said mindless sheep. But when someone puts it in their tumblr/instagram/whatever description my eyes normally get a good view of my brain

horoscopes are colossal bullshit
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by steve_muse
horoscopes? c'mon sacamano

i'm just saying chill lol there's no need to look down on people for harmlessly being into this stuff a bit and that it actually can be neat to look into

Quote by Banjocal
I never said mindless sheep. But when someone puts it in their tumblr/instagram/whatever description my eyes normally get a good view of my brain

horoscopes are colossal bullshit

this attitude is the same as the "mindless sheeple" people though
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Last edited by Bob_Sacamano at Oct 28, 2014,
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

The fact that people still list their horoscope's and the results of this test are all indications that they buy into it. Majority of people are sheep and do think these things have meaning. At least less people buy into horoscopes then they do the Myers Briggs.

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

okay you guys are boring and lame and i would not befriend
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i'm just saying chill lol there's no need to look down on people for harmlessly being into this stuff a bit and that it actually can be neat to look into

It isn't harmless when they try to drag it into schools or treat it like it actually makes a difference. It isn't harmless when it starts to offer false hope to someone who needs real help when they are buying into this garbage instead of things that can really help them.

The word "harmless" should NEVER be associated with anything pseudoscience related. Ever.

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

^ agreed. to some degree
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

No, I'm saying they're uninformed or willingly ignorant. That is not the same thing
Quote by EndTheRapture51
lol ok fedora nerds
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
okay you guys are boring and lame and i would not befriend

i'm with you, bro.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Banjocal
^ agreed. to some degree
No, I'm saying they're uninformed or willingly ignorant. That is not the same thing

Yeah... some things are less evil then others, that is obvious, but I can't stand any of it in any way shape or form. Just something I have a lot of passion on.

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

I'm a bear.

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

I have a highly reputable survey that you can take. In fact, I'll copy and paste its contents:

1) I would definitely touch Saadia's balls
5 - Strongly Agree
4 - Agree
3 - Neither Agree nor Disagree
2 - Disagree
1 - Strongly Disagree

2) I think Saadia is the nicest&coolest
5 - Strongly Agree
4 - Agree
2 - Disagree
1 - Strongly Disagree

3) I am consistently orienting my own identity around Saadia
5 - Strongly Agree
4 - Agree
2 - Disagree
1 - Strongly Disagree

4) I am naming or have already named my first child after Saadia
5 - Strongly Agree
4 - Agree
2 - Disagree
1 - Strongly Disagree

5)
5 - Strongly Agree
4 - Agree
2 - Disagree
1 - Strongly Disagree

Score Rubric - Add together the values of your answers for each question
21-25: Best personality
20-16: Okay personality
15-11: Dumb
10-6: Really dumb
5: The worst

I hope that was of service to you.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Godsmack_IV
i was a hippo btw

Quote by DamienEx1021
I'm a bear.

Well **** you guys and your cool-ass animals. I got a porcupine.
Quote by vintage x metal

red panda is best panda
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by imdeth
Well **** you guys and your cool-ass animals. I got a porcupine.

If it makes you feel better, consider the following. Hippos kill more people than any other animal so you are dead. Bears will eat your face or give you a hug and then eat your face. This also leads to death. Of all the animals listed so far, you are the most sadistic creature out there. You harm people without killing them and make them suffer. They will forever remember the spikes driven into their face by you.

See there is a bright side to it!

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Effective personality test? Just think of something you do and ask yourself why you do it. There, now you know that you're a ____ type of person.
There's a test I had to take before I started at my current job as a restaurant manager. It's called the "DISC" test. Quick little 30or40 question test and its extremely accurate, almost everyone that's taken it says they can't believe how close it is to reading you.
Quote by DamienEx1021

The Big 5 is actually backed scientifically though.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
~hi bob let's do the neo-pi-r together ok

u can be the costa to my mccrae~

%%%%

Page 1 of 2