Hi guys, I have a valveking 112 and I want to run a 1×12 extension cab in conjunction with the on board speaker how do I do this?
My main axe is made from the crucifix, strung with barbed wire, and tuned to z standard then i use a boss metal zone, gain 10, into a line 6, bass 10, mid 0, treble 10, this is the only way to be truly brootal
IIRC, on the VK, if you plug anything into the external speaker output it turns off the internal speaker.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Any body have any ideas for creative wiring to get past IIRC ?
My main axe is made from the crucifix, strung with barbed wire, and tuned to z standard then i use a boss metal zone, gain 10, into a line 6, bass 10, mid 0, treble 10, this is the only way to be truly brootal
If you can't work out how to bypass a jack switch yourself I'd be hesitant to explain how tbh.
Das machine is nicht fur gerfingerpoken und mittengrabben.
Ist easy schnappen der Sprinngwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken.
Ist nicht fur gewerken by das Dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das Pockets.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by elsatanica
Any body have any ideas for creative wiring to get past IIRC ?

VK 112 External Speaker Jack for internal/external speaker use:
As we already know, when using the "stock" ext. speaker jack it shuts off the internal speaker...bummer !!!
So I have added an external speaker jack of my own...
This is VERY easy and ...
DOES NOT REQUIRE THE REMOVAL OF ANYTHING...

You will need:
a mono 1/4" standard jack, a suitable jack plate, a 1-1.5' length of 16 ga. speaker wire,
a couple of female solder-less spade connects, a drill and 7/8" wood bore bit and screws to mount the jack plate...

First,
Drill a hole in the bottom rear panel of your VK 112 with the 7/8" bit...

Second,
Attach the solder-less connects to one end of the speaker wire, makng note of plus and minus...
Then attach them to the corresponding terminals on the "stock" speaker...

Third,
Thread the speaker wire through the "guides" on the inside of the VK112 cab and
out through the hole in the lower panel that you drilled ...

Fourth,
Solder the the speaker wire to the jack, again making note of plus (tip) and minus (shield)...

Fifth,
Mount the jack to the plate...

Sixth,
Mount the plate assembly to the cab's lower panel...

Seventh,
Vacuum the inside of the cab to remove the sawdust...

That's it !!!
You can now plug in and run an external cab with the internal VK 112 speaker simultaneously !!!

WARNING!!! This wires the internal speaker and an external cab in parallel..
Be careful to ONLY use a 16 ohm external cab with this configuration !!!
Peavey recommends a MINIMUM 8 ohm load for the VK112...

found this on the valveking modding wikispace http://ultimate-guitar-valveking.wikispaces.com/ . warning, make sure you know what you are doing and take safety precautions. The capacitors are NOT self draining and can kill you, even if the amp is turned off. i suggest you read that page and the warning page thoroughly.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Last edited by 457undead at Oct 28, 2014,
Thanks!