I have a line 6 UX1, and I'm trying to mic my cab with a Shure sm-57. I change the thing to "Mic" in pod farm and I use Reaper as a DAW. The audio I get however, is very quiet and unusable. How can I make this louder? What am I doing wrong?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
This really belongs in the Recording forum but have you tried turning up the Mic Gain on the unit?

PS: I have the exact same set up except I use Audacity.

Yeah, I thought that too but then thought the UX1 is gear so it's relevant to a gear problem as well since I need help using the gear I have.

And yes I have. It makes a slight difference but easily becomes wild noise.
Oh you are welcome to post gear problems here - I just figured you'd maybe get more help over there. Oh well.

Overall, it seems that the 'Levels' of something are not turned up. I suppose the Shure mic itself could be borked but I doubt it. There are also evidently many fake Shure SM57s out there. I also know that if you leave the UX1 plugged into laptop via USB and then try to playback what you just played using headphones - it won't sound good if at all. I usually have to unplug the UX1 from the PC and then playback.

I have Reaper but have not taken the time to learn it yet. Obviously - it could be something in there.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Oct 28, 2014,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Oh you are welcome to post gear problems here - I just figured you'd maybe get more help over there. Oh well.

Overall, it seems that the 'Levels' of something are not turned up. I suppose the Shure mic itself could be borked but I doubt it. There are also evidently many fake Shure SM57s out there. I also know that if you leave the UX1 plugged into laptop via USB and then try to playback what you just played using headphones - it won't sound good if at all. I usually have to unplug the UX1 from the PC and then playback.

I have Reaper but have not taken the time to learn it yet. Obviously - it could be something in there.

i just got my interface in today. focus scarlet 2i4 and spent the last three hours getting installed and reaper. i really like it. listed for $200, i got mine 20% off so it went down to $160.

reaper is really easy. if i can figure it out, you can. i am not really much of a computer person but i need one to record.

the 2i2 is $150 and you should get 15% off or so. IMO it might be worth it (i got the 2i4),

i have been micing amps and wow i love it. i haven't done that other than gigging in a long time.

BUT, i am in early stages.

oh, and i am windows 8.1 on a shitty i3 2gb ram computer.