It would, I have a 6505 and I do it. Just make sure that it's connected to a cab, and be aware that the post-gain doesn't function solely as a master volume like on other amps, so it will have to be turned up for any signal to pass through. Obviously also make sure you go into the line input rather than instrument input
Quote by Jackolas
edgespear, driving great ideas again. Sir, you pwn.

Gear:
Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul, PRS SE Floyd Custom 24 Floyd Amethyst
Amp: Peavey 6505, Eleven Rack
Quote by edgespear
It would, I have a 6505 and I do it. Just make sure that it's connected to a cab, and be aware that the post-gain doesn't function solely as a master volume like on other amps, so it will have to be turned up for any signal to pass through. Obviously also make sure you go into the line input rather than instrument input

The line 2r or 1l or stereo monitor in?

I totally was about to run it through the instrument input to be honest.
Quote by edgespear

Also, does this record any FX loops pedals I have as well? Like do they matter and work in this function?
From experience I was able to run it through either 2r or 1l and it worked fine, since you're not running stereo I wouldn't use stereo monitor in.
As the FX Loop works by going from the pre amp (send) to the power amp (return) and pedals go in between, I don't think they would get recorded. What you could do is run your pedals in the FX Loop as you normally would, but instead of going back to the return input from your final pedal, you could go into a line input on your UX1 (2r or 1l). This would make the chain effectively: guitar > preamp/FX Send > pedals > UX1 if that makes sense As far as I'm aware, the Preamp Output and the FX Send on the 5150/6505 send the same signal - the preamp signal.
Quote by Jackolas
edgespear, driving great ideas again. Sir, you pwn.

Gear:
Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul, PRS SE Floyd Custom 24 Floyd Amethyst
Amp: Peavey 6505, Eleven Rack
Last edited by edgespear at Oct 28, 2014,
should work with pedals. Make sure to use the line input at the back of the ux1 and adjust the pedals output so that the interface doesnt clip. And make sure to keep the speaker plugged into the amp and lower the master volume. Or use a dummy load.
Quote by bustapr
should work with pedals. Make sure to use the line input at the back of the ux1 and adjust the pedals output so that the interface doesnt clip. And make sure to keep the speaker plugged into the amp and lower the master volume. Or use a dummy load.

I talked to one of the guys at EVH through email and they told me the 5150 can be used without a load just make sure a speaker cable isn't plugged in. That should help for those trying to record at low volumes
Quote by DFails91
I talked to one of the guys at EVH through email and they told me the 5150 can be used without a load just make sure a speaker cable isn't plugged in. That should help for those trying to record at low volumes

EVH =/= Peavey.

Proceed with caution on the original series.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com